So it was Oliver ‘Bigman 80’ who first got me interested in the Chinese linear PS for the Allo Boss Dac/ isolator and pi.
I’ve got 3 IQaudIO DACs around the house, as well their digi+ which enabled me to try a few different DACs out. My reference became the digi+ feeding a chord mojo.
Really very very good at listening to my NAS and more recently Tidal.

I’d been wondering what improvements the little power supplies would make, especially as I had great success with a LDA linear into a Beresford dac.

So when Jim (Jimbo) decided to sell not only two of these linear ps but also the Allo Boss and isolator I couldn’t resist.

All I can say is that nothing prepared me for how good this package is.

I thought the chord mojo was good.. this is in another league.
See Oliver’s posts for excellent audio descriptions.. they are very accurate.

I’ve been going through favourites and discovering all sorts. The system is improved holistically, with all elements heightened. Not least of which is the bass that drives tunes along. Never realised my Harbeth P3ESR’s could do this level of low frequency information.
That also means that vocals improve with added timbre, not just bass instruments.
Soundstage, instrument separation, placement.. all the usual stuff used to describe audio improvement applies.

Even paying full retail for this kit is simply extraordinary value.Which is what I think I’ll do for the 2nd system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk