+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Allo Boss Isolator and Linear PS

I'm Steve.

Default Allo Boss Isolator and Linear PS

So it was Oliver ‘Bigman 80’ who first got me interested in the Chinese linear PS for the Allo Boss Dac/ isolator and pi.
    I’ve got 3 IQaudIO DACs around the house, as well their digi+ which enabled me to try a few different DACs out. My reference became the digi+ feeding a chord mojo.
    Really very very good at listening to my NAS and more recently Tidal.

I’d been wondering what improvements the little power supplies would make, especially as I had great success with a LDA linear into a Beresford dac.

So when Jim (Jimbo) decided to sell not only two of these linear ps but also the Allo Boss and isolator I couldn’t resist.

All I can say is that nothing prepared me for how good this package is.

I thought the chord mojo was good.. this is in another league.
    See Oliver’s posts for excellent audio descriptions.. they are very accurate.

I’ve been going through favourites and discovering all sorts. The system is improved holistically, with all elements heightened. Not least of which is the bass that drives tunes along. Never realised my Harbeth P3ESR’s could do this level of low frequency information.
    That also means that vocals improve with added timbre, not just bass instruments.
    Soundstage, instrument separation, placement.. all the usual stuff used to describe audio improvement applies.

Even paying full retail for this kit is simply extraordinary value.Which is what I think I’ll do for the 2nd system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm James.

Looks good in your system Steve and as you have testified sound very good indeed.

Oliver and myself have banged on about this system a fair bit and I would recommend to anyone who likes digital to try this set up. It costs peanuts to buy and from my own listening experiences competes and betters some of the very best high end systems I have heard.

Glad your enjoying what it brings to your system Steve.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post

So it was Oliver ‘Bigman 80’ who first got me interested in the Chinese linear PS for the Allo Boss Dac/ isolator and pi.
    I’ve got 3 IQaudIO DACs around the house, as well their digi+ which enabled me to try a few different DACs out. My reference became the digi+ feeding a chord mojo.
    Really very very good at listening to my NAS and more recently Tidal.

I’d been wondering what improvements the little power supplies would make, especially as I had great success with a LDA linear into a Beresford dac.

So when Jim (Jimbo) decided to sell not only two of these linear ps but also the Allo Boss and isolator I couldn’t resist.

All I can say is that nothing prepared me for how good this package is.

I thought the chord mojo was good.. this is in another league.
    See Oliver’s posts for excellent audio descriptions.. they are very accurate.

I’ve been going through favourites and discovering all sorts. The system is improved holistically, with all elements heightened. Not least of which is the bass that drives tunes along. Never realised my Harbeth P3ESR’s could do this level of low frequency information.
    That also means that vocals improve with added timbre, not just bass instruments.
    Soundstage, instrument separation, placement.. all the usual stuff used to describe audio improvement applies.

Even paying full retail for this kit is simply extraordinary value.Which is what I think I’ll do for the 2nd system.

Remind me how much i owe you for these statements lol.

Glad to have been of service

I'm Dave.

Looking good - any info on what make the PSU's are please.

Look like just what I want to power my Matrix Audio X-SPDIF2 - assuming they can output up DC 6~9V,≥800mA.

Cheers
    Dave

Currently listening to:

Wilmslow Audio Gemini speakers with external crossovers | DCB1 -> Neurochrome 86 Monos | Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 -> Denafrips Pontus II | Roon Server/ HQPlayer | Spotfire interconnects / speaker cable

I'm Steve.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25VA-Ultr...-/142731699776

I'm Steve.

Reckon it’s not just the power supplies..

When I get a moment I’ll do a direct comparison between the IOaudiO kit and Allo.

The overall package is Outstanding.. seriously Oustanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmings View Post
    Looking good - any info on what make the PSU's are please.

Look like just what I want to power my Matrix Audio X-SPDIF2 - assuming they can output up DC 6~9V,≥800mA.

Cheers

I'm Dave.

Cheers - thanks for the info/link
    Dave

Currently listening to:

Wilmslow Audio Gemini speakers with external crossovers | DCB1 -> Neurochrome 86 Monos | Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 -> Denafrips Pontus II | Roon Server/ HQPlayer | Spotfire interconnects / speaker cable

I'm Bill.

My OCD would need to see the same reading on those power supplies
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Bill.

Is it worth me sacrificing my aluminium case to fit an isolator board to my Boss?
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    Is it worth me sacrificing my aluminium case to fit an isolator board to my Boss?
    Yes

100% in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast