+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Decided to get out this morning for a little hike....

I'm Timothy.

Smile Decided to get out this morning for a little hike....

After a nice breakfast and coffee, decided it looked like it was going to be a great morning, sun shining, about 32F out, little wind, good enough.

So a little bit of a drive to get to the McCloud Nature Reserve, a fairly small, out of the way reserve that is set amongst nice Forrest bits, plains, and a river running along one edge. I like to go here mainly because it is not well known, quiet, many times you can be the only one on the trails.

So out I went, beautiful morning, I am the only one there except for the Nature Center worker. I take my leisurely couple hour hike along, and eventually make my way back to the nature center and parking lot. Thinking, hmmm, never been in the nature center, might as well go in and see what is in there. Walk in, nice little place, as I poke around looking at the various history etc. of the property, the center worker starts the usual chit chat as I am sure not many roll in and gets boring I would think.

She asks me what brings me out and where I am from. I proceed to tell her I am from Avon, and that my wife had found this place a couple years ago and we loved it. Then I said but I didn’t bring her along, as she is up in the big blue sky. The woman gets a very solemn look on her face and says “Oh, I am so sorry sir”, stammering and apologizing. I replied back, oh it is okay, she is on a plane on her way to Houston and Boston! The look on her face was priceless!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread