+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Introducing Bruno

I'm Andy.

Default Introducing Bruno

Hi All

I have the great pleasure in introducing Bruno.
    I have adopted Bruno from The Dogs Trust last Monday.
    He is a 5 - 7 year old Black Lab.
    The poor lad was dropped off at the centre with the words 'take him or I'll dump him'
    You can imagine my thoughts on these sort of people.

He has one problem and that is he is pretty much totally blind, he sees some very contrasting large objects. But little else.
    When you look at him his eyes are 100% dilated.

What an absolute character he is, he just wants to be loved. As usual with Labs, very strong willed and physically strong too.
    Faye our current Lab is currently in the 'Bog Off I'm not interested' phase she is getting better and will take a while, she will love him soon enough.

A couple of photo's below. His first, though not last trip to the beach.

HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

I'm Grant.

nice dog.. i used to have a black lab.. great dogs with slobbery mouths lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Great stuff and the best of luck.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Bless him. Well done adopting him.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Andy.

Hi Guys

Cheers for your comments.
    Sat here at the PC and he is curled up at my feet, always in close contact with some one.
    Apologies for not posting a warning about the impossibly White paste legs in photo No2

I'm Ian.

Bruno is such a handsome chap. He's lucky to find you to rescue him, animals with health issues are so hard to rehome. All the very best to you and your new family member.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Ben.

What a lovely looking dog, well done mate on taking him on, sure he will love you unconditionally for it.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Andy.

Hi Ben

Sorry I missed this one during the week.
    Bruno is a great lad, and settling in quite nicely too.
    Faye my 12year old Black Lab is getting use to him not, still some Lip Curling on occasions. He just want to be loved. Which he gets plenty of here in The Donkey Stables.
    He's a strong willed lad, though getting use to the house rules.
    With him being blind, if he realises now one is close by he panics a bit. Not much but just needs a bit of re-assurance.

It has been a good decision to adopt him, it does bother me that someone would have dumped him if Dogs Trust hadn't taken him in.
    Been out this morning on the beach, which he loves and there's plenty for him to sniff at and pee on.

Cheers all for you comments

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Well done for taking him on, labs are just the best. Had to have mine put to sleep a couple of weeks ago.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Well done for taking him on, labs are just the best. Had to have mine put to sleep a couple of weeks ago.
    Hi Ali

Most sorry to hear of your loss a few weeks ago. It's not an easy time, but all the years of fun and joy you have with them far outweighs the sadness.
    I had the same when we had to have Cookie our Chocolate Lab put to sleep, she was Faye's best pal and had her for over 10 years.
    It was an honor and privilege to have had her in my life, the same goes for Faye and Bruno ( even after such a short time of 4 weeks)

Bruno is currently having a kip (and loud snore) after a trip to the beach this morning. Faye doing the same.

+ Reply to Thread