+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: SME IV Black special with removable head shell

I'm Adrian.

Default FS: SME IV Black special with removable head shell

Having moved to a 10" arm, after much consideration I have decided to sell my SME IV SERIAL NO. 43977 to enable me to purchase some other equipment.

I have owned this arm from new when I purchased it in January 2017, it was supplied to me by a high end HiFi dealer, I was informed this arm was originally a special order for a customer who changed their mind. It is a IV with the damping trough setup of a V, better bearings and a detachable head shell. I believe the main difference between this IV and a V is that a V has the spring vertical tracking force adjustment on the side of the bearing mount.

I have looked after this arm extremely well and it is in perfect working order, and it has no marks or scratches. It comes with all the adjustment tools and set up templates as shown in the pictures.

The arm was sent to SME in May 2019 to have the output socket replaced as one of the pins failed when I was trying out a new tonearm cable, the arm was checked over at the same time and was all good.

As a standard SME IV with detachable Headshell and in silver they are £3850, black it is a special order at extra cost.

I am asking £2200 plus postage, which will be £35 by UPS and insured, you can obviously collect if you wish.

If you have nay questions then please ask.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

BUMP

Just to clarify the pin failure in the socket on the arm occurred when I was trying out a new Phono Stage cable, so the cable you plug into the arm and it goes to the phono stage or amplifier, NOT a tonearm cable inside the arm.

Thanks
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Gary.

Helluva great arm this, big part of the way to a V too.

GLWS Adrian.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Jamie.

Stealthy super arm! This would be a shoe-in for any SME 10a owner to replace the black Model 10 arm it came with One of the best arms in the business IMO, very easy to set up and a joy to use.

I can't really see what the Series V brings in terms of SQ, these just work and I find them superb.

GLWTS

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    BUMP

Just to clarify the pin failure in the socket on the arm occurred when I was trying out a new Phono Stage cable, so the cable you plug into the arm and it goes to the phono stage or amplifier, NOT a tonearm cable inside the arm.

Thanks
    BUMP, this really is a great arm, and a great price.

I'm Adrian.

Sold

+ Reply to Thread