+ Reply to Thread

Thread: System introduction: First Watt SIT-3 and Omega SAM

I'm Sven.

Default System introduction: First Watt SIT-3 and Omega SAM

Hi there, I would like to introduce myself.
    My name is Sven, I live in Brussels, Belgium.
    Why do I have intrest in being a member of TAOS forum?
    I own a huge vinyl and CD collection, I mainly focus on indie rock, folk and jazz. My collection is here.
    To play my music I became interested in hifi, and i own several excellent turntables, like the "big 5": Thorens TD-124 (idler/belt), Garrard 301 (idler), Lenco L75 (in the form of the PTP Solid 9) (idler), Technics SP-10 MkII (direct drive) and Linn Sondek LP12 (belt).
    While typig this, I am listening to the excellent Semper Femina LP of Laura Marling, on my Linn Sondek with Naim ARO and Fidelity Research MC201 cartridge. The phono stage is the incredible Ayre P5xe, the only solid state phono stage that I know of that comes so close to vacuum tubes.
    The preamp is the JFET/ tube hybrid LS17 of Audio Research. Better then other higher priced models of AR. The LS17 and LS17SE are great buys.
    My amp is a SIT3 of Nelson Pass’s First Watt. What an excellent JFET amp is this! But low gain (11.5dB) so you need a high gain preamp and efficient speakers if you want punch, and dynamics.
    The interconnects are coming from Atlas cables (Equator Superior 75 ohm) for SE and Grimm TPR 110 ohm for balanced connections.
    The speaker cable is the excellent Duelund Coherent Audio DCA16GA, a reference cable.
    Finally my speakers are Omega Speaker Systems Super Alnico Monitors (SAM’s) on Tonträger stands.
    Upgrade? Maybe a Conrad-Johnson ET3ES with that 25dB of gain. c-j is a perfect match for the products of Nelson Pass.
    Please share your thoughts with me.

I'm Sven.

Default Pictures

Some pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Geoff.

Hello Sven. Welcome to AOS.

You have some interesting equipment there. The MC-201 cartridge is a rarity these days, rather nice though.

Join in the chat and get to know the members, it's a friendly place.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Sven.

Hi Geoff, yes, I bought the MC201 from a guy in Brussels, it was never mounted before. Sounds very good, but more important, it has a stylus-to-bolt distance of exact 10mm so just whitin the range of the ARO.
    Don’t think it will replaced soon. It’s a keeper. If the stylus is worn out, I have it retipped by Expert Stylus & Cartridge Company.

I'm Martin.

Hi Sven, welcome to the forum - great selection of turntables!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Shane.

Welcome to AOS. I'd love to hear the First Watt J2.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Welcome to AoS, nice selection of turntables you’ve got there. Hope you enjoy the forum.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Sven.

Nice collection of turntables you have there. And an interesting record collection as well.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread