Hi there, I would like to introduce myself.
My name is Sven, I live in Brussels, Belgium.
Why do I have intrest in being a member of TAOS forum?
I own a huge vinyl and CD collection, I mainly focus on indie rock, folk and jazz. My collection is here.
To play my music I became interested in hifi, and i own several excellent turntables, like the "big 5": Thorens TD-124 (idler/belt), Garrard 301 (idler), Lenco L75 (in the form of the PTP Solid 9) (idler), Technics SP-10 MkII (direct drive) and Linn Sondek LP12 (belt).
While typig this, I am listening to the excellent Semper Femina LP of Laura Marling, on my Linn Sondek with Naim ARO and Fidelity Research MC201 cartridge. The phono stage is the incredible Ayre P5xe, the only solid state phono stage that I know of that comes so close to vacuum tubes.
The preamp is the JFET/ tube hybrid LS17 of Audio Research. Better then other higher priced models of AR. The LS17 and LS17SE are great buys.
My amp is a SIT3 of Nelson Pass’s First Watt. What an excellent JFET amp is this! But low gain (11.5dB) so you need a high gain preamp and efficient speakers if you want punch, and dynamics.
The interconnects are coming from Atlas cables (Equator Superior 75 ohm) for SE and Grimm TPR 110 ohm for balanced connections.
The speaker cable is the excellent Duelund Coherent Audio DCA16GA, a reference cable.
Finally my speakers are Omega Speaker Systems Super Alnico Monitors (SAM’s) on Tonträger stands.
Upgrade? Maybe a Conrad-Johnson ET3ES with that 25dB of gain. c-j is a perfect match for the products of Nelson Pass.
Please share your thoughts with me.