+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SWAP: Herron VTSP2a, silver, with brand new Electro-Harmonix Goldpin valves

I'm Peter.

Default SWAP: Herron VTSP2a, silver, with brand new Electro-Harmonix Goldpin valves

I want to exchange a silver Herron VTSP2a (rev 01) for one or two things from the below list:

- a passive preamp (Wavac, "The Horne Shoppe's "The Truth" etc)
    - an mm or mc phono stage (think Croft Riia RS or Paradise or Vida territory)
    - an excellent STEREO step-up transformer or headamp to match my Benz Micro Gullwing SLR (adjustability would be an added bonus)
    - a musical preamp WITH a very good phono stage (not EAR 802 or EAR 864)
    - a unipivot arm

My remote-controlled amp was bought at the end of 2018 from a Belgian seller. The remote controls - volume, mono/stereo, display, 6 line inputs, tape out, polarity, mute. A balance knob is present on the preamp.

It sounds as it should and is in very nice condition. Has an unblemished aluminium front. One scratch on the right top plate towards the back, that's all. I just installed new Electro-Harmonix Goldpin valves in it. The receipt from The Tube Amp Doctor in Germany from August 13 is present. I have no box but will ship double-boxed and insured.

We each pay for our own shipping. Me to the UK/EU. You to Denmark.

Two photos for now. More, including of the innards, will be uploaded on Saturday.

Link to Herron Audio: http://www.herronaudio.com/vtsp2specs.html

Please use PM for enquiries.

I'm Peter, Denmark: AD Audio Satchmo 3 Line Stage + EAR 516 + Quad ESL 57 + EAR 324P + PTP6 Acoustand L75 + Poul Ladegaard tonearm/Denon 103D + Fidelity Research FR24 mk ii/Decca Maroon + Leak Stereofetic FM Tuner + B&O Beocord 6500 Cassette Deck + Synology DS 415+("upgraded" to 8gb memory) cabled to Win10 PC - JRiver - Paul Pang USB-splitter cable - Linear 5v psu - Nuforce U192s - Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm Peter.

Swap with money adjustment your way possible. Or my way.
    DIY no problem if made to a high standard.
    I'm Peter, Denmark: AD Audio Satchmo 3 Line Stage + EAR 516 + Quad ESL 57 + EAR 324P + PTP6 Acoustand L75 + Poul Ladegaard tonearm/Denon 103D + Fidelity Research FR24 mk ii/Decca Maroon + Leak Stereofetic FM Tuner + B&O Beocord 6500 Cassette Deck + Synology DS 415+("upgraded" to 8gb memory) cabled to Win10 PC - JRiver - Paul Pang USB-splitter cable - Linear 5v psu - Nuforce U192s - Line Magnetic 502CA DAC

I'm gone.

With the EH valves onboard this is a superb pre-amp!

I'm Peter.

Thanks Jerry. I'm selling to get my hands on a very good phono stage that will allow me to tailor the sound of my Menz Micro Gullwing that currently sounds too tame (dampened?) for my liking.

I'm Grant.

You need to put in an aprox value you feel your goods are worth to you, so folk know the ballpark figure.. cheers
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Well. I bought this for a total of 1300£ in January 2019 and spent 130£ on 6 new Electro-Harmonix tubes on August 13, 2019.
    Last edited by Rosewind; 28-08-2019 at 03:12.

I'm Peter.

1150£ shipped until September 6 for a straight sale.

Still available for swops with things from the below list with adjustment my way, if necessary
    - a Musik Maker MM cart for use with my other Thorens tp63 wand
    - a unipivot arm
    - a tangential arm (mechanical or air-bearing)
    - a turntable with a good arm
    - Magnepan Woofer Panels (DWM) one or two panels
    - Quad ESL57 / 63 or newer Quad panels
    Last edited by Rosewind; 01-09-2019 at 08:47.

I'm Peter.

PM from Lionel replied to in full.

I'm Peter.

Straight sale or part swaps.

I am particularly interested in Len Gregory's "Music Maker mk. iii" when it comes to mm/mi cartridges. I already have a very good MC cart in my Benz Micro Gullwing SLR. So mm/mi cart offers only, please.

I have had one nibble. Nothing conclusive.

I'm Mike.

A shame the £/€ rate is so poor just now or I'd be seriously tempted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast