+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goldring G900IGC MM Cartridge

synsei Guest

Default Goldring G900IGC MM Cartridge

It is time to say goodbye to on old and trusty friend. Purchased a little over two years ago from Chris (SatanFriendly) who is a very occasional contributor here but far better known to those who frequent Vinyl Engine I'm sure, Chris assured me that the D140IGC VDH1 stylus had no more than 50 hours on it when I collected it and at most I have put around another 30 on it in the time it has spent with me. I don't have the means to provide a decent close up shot of the stylus but I can assure the eventual buyer that it still sounds as good as the day I bought it.

I was going to hold back on this sale until March but I have been informed that there is a very low hours example of a D140 stylus on ebay just now, and seeing as these items are as rare as rocking horse poo I have decided to post it up so the eventual buyer has a decent chance to obtain it. The same seller also has a low hours D170IGC VDH2 stylus should you be unsuccessful bidding on the D140. I would ask the buyer to be a little patient though. I have a LAD TT arriving after Scalford which I am in the process of buying from Shuggie. I will need to hang onto the 900IGC to give me a chance to hear the LAD and my Techie side by side to help me make the decision as to which of the two I will be keeping. I suspect it will be the Techie but the LAD might surprise me yet. It goes without saying that I do not want a penny from the buyer until I am ready to ship the Goldring which should be the weekend after Scalford

Here is the link to the ebay listng for the D140 stylus http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Goldring-D...cb4b8fe&_uhb=1

If I were to put this cart on ebay I am very confident it would go for well over one hundred pounds so I think £75 shipped would be about right for here

When the time comes to pay, please could you pay via PP Gift. The cart and stylus will be very well packed for shipping, I have a lot of experience packing and shipping such delicate items. Thank you
    Last edited by synsei; 14-02-2013 at 17:43.

I'm Nobody.

Nice Cartridge, if i were keeeping the unipivot i would have jumped at it as you know Dave..

I'm Tony.

Might be interested in this cart.

Bit of advice then, I've an AT1120 on an AR The Legend TT would this cart be suitable for that set up?

Thanks

Tony
    Last edited by twotone; 14-02-2013 at 20:55.

synsei Guest

I have not heard the combination but being a low mass arm the Goldring should suit the AT1120 very well.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    I have not heard the combination but being a low mass arm the Goldring should suit the AT1120 very well.
    Thanks, so if anyone buys this then you recommend that the buyer should buy the stylus in the link or failing that the other one for sale?

However am I correct in thinking that the existing cartridge's stylus works fine but it's just not as good or nice sounding as the one on ebay?

Tony

PS, sorry for these 'basic' questions but I've not got a clue about low mass/high mass low compliance/high compliance & etc

I'm Mark.

The replacement stylii can be hard to come by. You can get them retipped when they wear out, though.
    The stylii on ebay are higher up the stylus range iirc, but will fit perfectly on the body.
    Mark

I'm Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    I've not got a clue about low mass/high mass low compliance/high compliance & etc
    Tony - this calculator on Vinyl Engine does all the work for you - all you need is the mass of your tonearm & cart with mounting gear ....

http://www.vinylengine.com/cartridge..._evaluator.php
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingdong View Post
    The replacement stylii can be hard to come by. You can get them retipped when they wear out, though.
    The stylii on ebay are higher up the stylus range iirc, but will fit perfectly on the body.
    Thanks

Ok then I'll take it at asking, if it's still fro sale, plus I don't mind waiting etc.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    Tony - this calculator on Vinyl Engine does all the work for you - all you need is the mass of your tonearm & cart with mounting gear ....

http://www.vinylengine.com/cartridge..._evaluator.php
    Thanks Jules but linky no worky

I'm Mark.

If you can get one of the stylii off ebay I would recommend it as a replacement as they don't come up for sale that often.

I was contemplating bidding, but will leave them alone if you want to buy them.
    Mark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast