+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Ming Da Piccolo Mk2 Integrated/Power Amp, improved.

I'm Alan.

Default FS: Ming Da Piccolo Mk2 Integrated/Power Amp, improved.

For sale is this splendid example of the Ming Da Piccolo SE Pentode amplifier.

It is around 14W output, with 4 and 8 ohm taps on the very well proportioned output transformers.
    As an integrated amplifier is has 3 inputs and remote volume control, via the solid all metal remote control.

It uses KT90 output valves and I have fitted some Belvu ECC82 input/driver valves, an improvement over the original Chinese 12AU7's.

Rear view:

I have fitted a direct input and internal relay to isolate the input switching and volume control, to enable use as a power amp only.
    This removes the degradation from the fitted volume control and gives a very open and full bodied sound.
    (Alternatively the volume control could be replaced with a quality stepped attenuator such as the Acoustic Dimension, a straight drop in).

Switch shown in direct input position:

This example has had further improvement made by the inclusion of Audyn coupling capacitors, plus a better driver stage matching.

An additional smoothing choke has been fitted to give a very quiet background, the filtering is now CLCLC.

Internal shot:

I have the original substantial double box plus packing, though collection would be preferred due to the weight.

Any trial welcome, coffee and cookies available. Willing to deliver reasonable distance for fuel costs.

Looking for £700.
    Last edited by Firebottle; 22-08-2019 at 10:24. Reason: Internal shot added.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Bigman80 Guest

That's a lot of amp for the money!

Had a demo of in my system and it was certainly a great listen. There's a writeup on the BigBlog, I'll try and post a link.

GLWS!

I'm Alan.

SOLD, looks like you have missed out folks.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Phil.

Great meeting you and Shirley, even if we couldn’t find the pub.
    The amp is fantastic, much better than I had heard it previously as an integrated. It’s made everything come alive, such a beautiful sound.
    Thank you, best wishes Phil.

I'm Grant.

nice amps the ming da's.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Hughes View Post
    Great meeting you and Shirley, even if we couldn’t find the pub.
    The amp is fantastic, much better than I had heard it previously as an integrated. It’s made everything come alive, such a beautiful sound.
    Thank you, best wishes Phil.
    Excellent, I am glad you appreciate the increase in sound quality.

+ Reply to Thread