+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Pre-BREXIT Panic Buying?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I think that from mid October, panic buying will set in prior to the 31st deadline. Have you considered this? It will happen and people won't know what there is likely to be a shortage of, so they'll be grabbing everything.

I have already stocked up on basic essentials like toilet paper, dog food, frozen food, pasta, rice, tinned veg and so on.

There are one or two items I have yet to get, but none will go to waste, it'll just take longer to use up.

Fuel supplies could well be an issue, but I have that covered for a few months if I'm careful.

Time to get organised!
    I'm stockpiling .22 air pellets, it'll be rabbit stew and tandoori squirrel all the way after October
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    More dimwittery from the great British public. It's like the mad panic to buy bread and milk when half a centimetre of snow falls in the winter - utterly pointless.

I predict the grand EU departure will be exactly like the Millennium bug that was going to bring all our computers to a grinding halt and destroy life as we knew it - absolutely nothing will happen and no-one will notice. Yes, there might be a few shortages but only due to the aforementioned muppets stockpiling stuff unnecessarily.
    My view entirely, especially the bit in bold - utterly brainless, risible and extremely selfish behaviour, second only to the neurone-deprived antics of 'bargain hunters', fighting over fridges, on Black Friday!!

Brexit panic buying? That'll be shining bright... The reserve of idiots. We'll be doing hee-haw different and carrying on as normal!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I'm stockpiling .22 air pellets, it'll be rabbit stew and tandoori squirrel all the way after October
    I already have loads. Mind you, the wildlife here is mainly rats.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Quite right, let's show them that there is life outside of the EU Any potential shortages in supply of food, drugs and other resources will hopefully be met by non-EU countries, who I'm sure will already be preparing for it themselves.
    Absolutely!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I already have loads. Mind you, the wildlife here is mainly rats.
    Bear Grylls managed to make them look quite tasty when he took David Walliams for a ramble
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    My view entirely, especially the bit in bold - utterly brainless, risible and extremely selfish behaviour, second only to the neurone-deprived antics of 'bargain hunters' on Black Friday!!

Brexit panic buying? That'll be shining bright... The reserve of idiots. We'll be doing hee-haw different and carrying on as normal!

Marco.
    Nought wrong with Black Friday or Cyber Monday if there's something on sale that you want or need. I got 50% off a month's car hire in USA last year!
    Audiophile Tosher

Indeed, Malcom. I've taken advantage of some BF online discounts myself. What I'm referring to are the sub-humans you see in videos, inside stores, fighting each other over discounted televisions, etc.

Their disgraceful and uncivilised behaviour is more befitting of animals than human beings!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

We are only a species of ape so it isn't really that surprising. We'd all behave like that given the appropriate triggers.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Some may say, Nature is what we are put in this world to rise above
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    We are only a species of ape so it isn't really that surprising. We'd all behave like that given the appropriate triggers.
    Yes, I could see the point if there was a serious world food shortage, and folk were fighting over food to survive. That's the only thing that would excuse such behaviour.

Sadly, the dysfunctional creatures seen in such scuffles, fuelled by pure GREED, are endemic in today's society, and reflects what it has created.

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast