+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-BREXIT Panic Buying?

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post

I predict the grand EU departure will be exactly like the Millennium bug that was going to bring all our computers to a grinding halt and destroy life as we knew it - absolutely nothing will happen and no-one will notice.
    Really. ??????

If these idiots in charge manage to do this, I predict a total disaster, in every respect.

I'm Geoff.

Unfortunately, I predict the public at large will start freaking out and buy everything they can lay hands on in the last couple of weeks, thereby creating shortages, which is why I've taken precautions in well advance, so at least I'm not contributing to any mad rush.

I always keep a large stock of everything in any case, comes from my 'be prepared' slightly survivalist attitude. What I've done basically is double my stocks.

If it turns out there's no mad panic at the shops, no harm has been done, I can just use the extra up in due course.

Fuel shortages won't bother me immediately. I'll just haul the scooter from the garage and use that, it does 150mpg.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

public always panic buys. it just takes few to start it...a bit like the goldrush of 49 i got a few household things in but because it was on offer more than anything else tbh.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    very true... we, and n ireland are being shafted quite frankly
    Agreed
    Regards Neil

I'm Justin.

The media will fuel the panic buying.

The media will focus on any issue that's negative AND BLOW IT OUT OF ALL PROPORTION.

Because that's what the British media does.

In fact if it wasn't for the British media who has fed us nothing but Brexit for the last 3 years we probably would have left long ago.

They absolutely will make a crisis out of a little drama. Being pathetic is their job.

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    More dimwittery from the great British public. It's like the mad panic to buy bread and milk when half a centimetre of snow falls in the winter - utterly pointless.

I predict the grand EU departure will be exactly like the Millennium bug that was going to bring all our computers to a grinding halt and destroy life as we knew it - absolutely nothing will happen and no-one will notice. Yes, there might be a few shortages but only due to the aforementioned muppets stockpiling stuff unnecessarily.
    Exactly! The media just stirring folk up for s story...
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post

The media will focus on any issue that's negative AND BLOW IT OUT OF ALL PROPORTION.

In fact if it wasn't for the British media who has fed us nothing but Brexit for the last 3 years we probably would have left long ago.

They absolutely will make a crisis out of a little drama. Being pathetic is their job.
    We'll said
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Geoff.

Actually, mid October onwards is a nice time of year to be in Portugal. I could pop over there for a couple of months whilst everybody else sorts out the probable choas.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post

If it wasn't for the British media, there would never have been a Brexit referendum in the first place. Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson and Rees-Mogg would have remained on the margins of politics, and we wouldn't be facing the possible break-up of the UK.

I'm brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    If it wasn't for the British media, there would never have been a Brexit referendum in the first place. Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson and Rees-Mogg would have remained on the margins of politics, and we wouldn't be facing the possible break-up of the UK.
    If any blame should be directed at anyone, it should be at David Cameron and his self serving Tory cronies , who decided that have a referendum would best serve their interests.

In the end, they are responsible for the farce we are seeing now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast