+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-BREXIT Panic Buying?

I'm Geoff.

Default Pre-BREXIT Panic Buying?

I think that from mid October, panic buying will set in prior to the 31st deadline. Have you considered this? It will happen and people won't know what there is likely to be a shortage of, so they'll be grabbing everything.

I have already stocked up on basic essentials like toilet paper, dog food, frozen food, pasta, rice, tinned veg and so on.

There are one or two items I have yet to get, but none will go to waste, it'll just take longer to use up.

Fuel supplies could well be an issue, but I have that covered for a few months if I'm careful.

Time to get organised!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

guess ive a fair bit in cans and dried food, plus a freezer full of stuff so although it may not be nice i will likely survive. I am getting in bog paper tho, although Im told most of it, like Andrex is made in UK.
    Sure america and far east will fill the void
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Haven't even considered it - to be honest, the panic buying will probably cause more problems than actual Brexit!

Better start making a list!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Wayne.

It would be much better if people didn't start stock piling stuff, esp medicines.

I'm Josie.

It's such a mess.

We are ruled by career polititians who won't be affected. They will just sit back and enjoy the mess which will somehow make them even more wealthy.

I'm not going to stock pile. There are others less fortunate than most of us who will need all the help they can get.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondonkey View Post
    It would be much better if people didn't start stock piling stuff, esp medicines.
    They're already in short supply, I collect prescriptions daily for my work and some are 'no longer manufactured' what they really mean is some are no longer available because the companies aren't providing them to the UK. I noticed this problem a few months back and it's getting worse.

Grim, especially when you consider that we voted to remain part of the EU.

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondonkey View Post
    Overall that's certainly true but individual situations colour our personal views. Eg my wife who is terrified that she won't get her drugs to reduce the chances of a re-occurrence of cancer.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    They're already in short supply, I collect prescriptions daily for my work and some are 'no longer manufactured' what they really mean is some are no longer available because the companies aren't providing them to the UK. I noticed this problem a few months back and it's getting worse.

Grim, especially when you consider that we voted to remain part of the EU.
    very true... we, and n ireland are being shafted quite frankly
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    very true... we, and n ireland are being shafted quite frankly
    Definitely

I'm Adam.

More dimwittery from the great British public. It's like the mad panic to buy bread and milk when half a centimetre of snow falls in the winter - utterly pointless.

I predict the grand EU departure will be exactly like the Millennium bug that was going to bring all our computers to a grinding halt and destroy life as we knew it - absolutely nothing will happen and no-one will notice. Yes, there might be a few shortages but only due to the aforementioned muppets stockpiling stuff unnecessarily.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast