+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wilson Benesch speakers

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Hi Laurence, thanks for the vote of confidence
    When I recommend or make modifications it is almost always to give a better performance but not 'improved speed'. In this case the circuit was limited in its dynamics due to it being at the budget end of the Croft line. Re-figuring the circuit made a good improvement but not in any way introducing other limitations.

I believe Mike was having the issues before any modifications were made
    The improvements were clear from first plug in Alan, not something one can always say.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Mike, I have read through this thread and note your issues.

I hope this helps in some way, having been there myself with systems sounding odd several times it can be frustrating getting to what is the cause.
    Thanks Adrian, I'm pretty sure I had the same issue when I tried the 909 with a passive, I've also got new speaker cable now - VD hifi series 4mm, which has tamed things a bit, but sound is a tad soft now. The only thing left to change are the interconnects, I think straight wire are copper, I'll check. I will have a play around with trying the passive again, and the 306, and my tonearm, that does look a tad high at the back. I'm not too clued up on cartridge alignment, but don't think I'm missing anything major, use a gauge when setting up.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

I think a mains regenerator could be my next step, the Project speedbox was quite a step up for my turntable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345