+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DAB Radio failure

I'm steve.

Default DAB Radio failure

Had an unusual occurrence at 2am one day last week, a very brief electrical power interruption which only lasted about a second, the reconnection I’m assuming caused a surge which set off my burglar alarm and stopped my Pure Sonus 1-Xt DAB radio from working. In my ownership of the radio I’ve had several power cuts before but the radio had always reset itself without any problem, this time it hasn’t, it’s powering up as the LCD lights up but stays blank and all the control buttons are non responsive. I’ve had it for over 10 years, initially cost me £80, the current equivalent is £130 so tbh I’d rather get it fixed rather than have to buy a new one, can anyone suggest a possible avenue to get it repaired ?

I'm Grant.

its either scrambled its logic or done for something permenantly with the surge.. probably the latter... An anti surge socket may have aided its survival(if this is case) i would think I would be buying a new one with the knowledge Ive had my money's worth
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mel.

Contact pure - they run an exchange scheme where you get a new radio for a nominal sum in liu of repair

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    Contact pure - they run an exchange scheme where you get a new radio for a nominal sum in liu of repair
    Thanks for that, I’ve sent a message to the customer support helpline, the radio is over 10 years old and I don’t believe the model is still available, so the exchange is probably not an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Adam.

Consider this as an intervention by fate, and go back to FM!

Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Geoff.

I wouldn't be buying a dedicated DAB radio myself, but if I did I would proably look at this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Goodmans-19...tronics&sr=1-3

This is the model two which has Bluetooth and NFC and is only £10 more than the original model. I quite like the moss green finish model

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I wouldn't be buying a dedicated DAB radio myself, but if I did I would proably look at this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Goodmans-19...tronics&sr=1-3

This is the model two which has Bluetooth and NFC and is only £10 more than the original model. I quite like the moss green finish model
    Think one of these would suit me better particularly as I use it as an alarm clock.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Majority-Ba.../dp/B07CMB9NPR

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

I use an Amazon Echo as a bedside radio/alarm. The latest model has a very good sound quality and in addition to being able to listen to one of thousands of internet radio stations, I can also listen to audiobooks and stream my music files. it is also linked to several home devices including bedroom lighting.

I'm steve.

Default DAB Radio failure

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I use an Amazon Echo as a bedside radio/alarm. The latest model has a very good sound quality and in addition to being able to listen to one of thousands of internet radio stations, I can also listen to audiobooks and stream my music files. it is also linked to several home devices including bedroom lighting.
    I have the latest Echo Dot as part of my bedroom hifi setup used via its aux output for streaming Amazon Music, I could use that as an alarm I suppose but I’d have to leave the amp powered up all night by disabling the auto switch off feature on the amp, not ideal.
    I think I’ll order the Majority Barton off Amazon, should do the job okay and it’s only £30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm steve.

The Majority Barton arrived a few hours ago and is now set up. Not bad at all for £30, small size means not much bass but otherwise audio quality is good, very clear. Nothing like as good as the Pure Sonus 1-xt but then again it’s a third of the price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast