+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ‘Review’ of three Zavfino arm cables

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    you asked me if it was yours that i was using,i answered your question,so im sorry if you think thats shitting on your cables.
    Did it buzz/hum before you put the paradise in?

I'm jamie.

yes,it didnt hum on the zeta though. what ever the whens and whys,it went away when i used a tonearm cable that was fully shielded,its no big drama as far as im concerned,like you say you've sold loads and had no complant.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    yes,it didnt hum on the zeta though. what ever the whens and whys,it went away when i used a tonearm cable that was fully shielded,its no big drama as far as im concerned,like you say you've sold loads and had no complant.
    Just interested.

Strange though isn't it, how I've plugged it into 20+ phonostages, multiple tonearms when visiting people and used with a multitude of Amplifiers and preamps of all types of design, and never had a solitary hint of hum or buzzing at any given time. Except with suts lol. I've sold loads of them and never had a problem or a returned cable. Mad isn't it.

Theres always one anomoly.

Anyway, back on the Subject of Zavfino, I've used a lot of their stuff and it's always been good quality.

Nice review Mark and Tom.

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    A very good and interesting review Mark. I was recently talking with Hugo re arm cables and may just have to try out one of these.
    ive just taken the plunge
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Just interested.

Strange though isn't it, how I've plugged it into 20+ phonostages, multiple tonearms when visiting people and used with a multitude of Amplifiers and preamps of all types of design, and never had a solitary hint of hum or buzzing at any given time. Except with suts lol. I've sold loads of them and never had a problem or a returned cable. Mad isn't it.

Theres always one anomoly.

Anyway, back on the Subject of Zavfino, I've used a lot of their stuff and it's always been good quality.

Nice review Mark and Tom.

Actually as it happens Olly I have one of your arm cables and it works fine, no buzzing either direct into phono stage with MM, or with an SPU + SUT in the mix. Using it on the Garrard 401 at the moment.

I did have some problems with the cable socket on the AT1503 on the Garrard, but that caused me intermittent hassles with any cable. It's with Angus at the moment to see if he can sort it out. May require a new socket. But definitely not the cable's fault.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Actually as it happens Olly I have one of your arm cables and it works fine, no buzzing either direct into phono stage with MM, or with an SPU + SUT in the mix. Using it on the Garrard 401 at the moment.

I did have some problems with the cable socket on the AT1503 on the Garrard, but that caused me intermittent hassles with any cable. It's with Angus at the moment to see if he can sort it out. May require a new socket. But definitely not the cable's fault.
    Hi Tom,

Yes, you have one of my very early ones!

Imagine that, i might know what i'm doing after all lol

Delighted to hear you still have it in service and it's been fine. Shame that the arm itself is having an issue but as you know, our resident AT & SP10 guru will sort it out. Spoke to phonomac earlier actually, surprised he had time for the call with all the work he's got going on! lol

If the arm cable does ever need anything, just let me know.

I'm Mike.

It would be interesting, Mark and Tom, if you say which arms and cart's you used the Zavfino cables with; also, the stages you fed them into. I'd be a little surprised if the effects you both found were totally independent of the hardware you used them with.

montesquieu Guest

All in the signature, Mike. Ikeda 407, Miyajima and SPU cartridges, into Miyajima ETR-Stereo and Allnic H7000V.

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    It would be interesting, Mark and Tom, if you say which arms and cart's you used the Zavfino cables with; also, the stages you fed them into. I'd be a little surprised if the effects you both found were totally independent of the hardware you used them with.
    I used a very different system to that of Tom’s; a Javelin arm with a rebuilt Troika into a Paradise phono.
    —————
    I didn’t mention any of this in the review as it is unlikely that readers will be familiar with this setup and, in fact, it’s very likely they won’t have heard any of it.
    Last edited by YNWaN; 22-08-2019 at 21:47.
    Account Deleted

I'm Michael.

I have recently bought one of the Mahone cables. Previous I have a Yannis Tome 2549 Mogami.

There isn't that much in it, but there is something! The Mahone has a slightly more clarity/finer detail/top end, which I needed in my system, but it does sacrifice a little body to do this. If you have a big mid range powerful system, it wont matter.

I have also had some expensive Chord Tuned Aray cables previously...I prefer the Mahone over both the Chord and the Mogami, but if you have a bright system, the Mogami would probably be better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast