+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is anyone buying vinyl?

I'm Brian.

I use Spotify quite a lot , however , recently got the GL75 out of the loft and am listening to vinyl again . back on the buying trail again , however I try to limit myself to a monthly trip into Glasgow when I get paid to buy one or two albums . Today , just bought two albums from Amazon though
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    I use Spotify quite a lot , however , recently got the GL75 out of the loft and am listening to vinyl again . back on the buying trail again , however I try to limit myself to a monthly trip into Glasgow when I get paid to buy one or two albums . Today , just bought two albums from Amazon though
    Similar to my buying habits, usually in Glasgow one a month and will pick up something
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Anto.

I buy a bit of second hand vinyl off the Bay . Mainly albums I always intended to buy or wished I had , Rush ,Yes , Marilllion ,the odd Genesis album I havent got etc
    Nothing too minty , or first pressing , just something that looks reasonable enough that I can listen too

But I dont expect to be buying new releases somehow
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Steve.

Still buying and playing vinyl but mostly second hand.

Bought Living in the Past - Tull, Silver Skies - Peter Green, Incredible String Band - 5,000 Spirits etc and the Mysterious Rhinestone Cowboy by David Allen Coe most recently.

I have reservations about the quality of new records and often when I get them play them a few times and listen mostly to the download that comes with them.

I tend to have a large download/ CD collection that I will listen to on the tube or away from home and then play the vinyl I don't have recorded at home.

I have a small but growing collection of high res classical which I enjoy listening to when working from home. Most of it came from B&W's download site when I subscribed. I only stopped because I wasn't listening to it enough but it has some very good music on it.
    Thorens TD550, Ortofon 12", Ortofon Jubilee or Koetsu Black; Rothwell MCL SUT, VTL 2.5 pre, XTC POW 1 power; Naim CD5x; KEF Reference 3.2's; Van den Hul interconnects and speaker cables.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Just wondered if anyone was still buying new vinyl, nothing in the new purchase thread for several weeks.
    Is everyone streaming now or just playing their old albums.
    I gave up on buying new vinyl a couple of years ago, mainly because I was running out of storage space.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456