+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone buying vinyl?

I'm Robin.

Default Is anyone buying vinyl?

Just wondered if anyone was still buying new vinyl, nothing in the new purchase thread for several weeks.
    Is everyone streaming now or just playing their old albums.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

Ive bought quite a few strangely enough. Hardly play records but still buy them; its a bad habit im going to get out of...honest been saying that for 50 years
    of those i bought only one was used
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Ive bought quite a few strangely enough. Hardly play records but still buy them; its a bad habit im going to get out of...honest been saying that for 50 years
    of those i bought only one was used
    Just wondering Grant, I knew you would respond. It’s interesting that if you post about turntables or cables for instance there are lots of responses, is the music getting forgotten?
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

There are a lot of vinyl enthousiasts here but we have lost a lot to streaming, no doubt. I prefer vinyl but with no stick in hand im not very stable and have dropped records before because of it so I have to think whats best for me and the records as i hate damage to my lovely vinyl.
    i really need to bite bullet tbh and do it, but its hard to see them drift away bit by bit. Also here, folk are not keen to spend serious money on music i find, yet happy to drop a fortune on gear. Most of my money is in vinyl not gear
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

i guess im saying that record collectors are not hifi collectors in general.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

I’m with you Grant, my hifi exists to play my music. My hifi was all purchased to my budget and what my ears tell me. I much prefer vinyl although I didn’t buy any for about 10 years mainly due to the fact that a lot of the music I like was not being released on vinyl, however now that there is greater availability I have for the last few years been buying again. But of course cds are so much cheaper. I usually listen on Apple Music or Tidal and if I like the album will buy the vinyl release.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Deleted.

I buy a lot of new vinyl - in fact I have to ration myself because otherwise it’s easy to spend more than I can afford!

Two of my recent ones are ‘Yawny Yawn’ by Bill Ryder-Jones:

And ‘Anima’ by Thom Yorke:

Account Deleted

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I buy a lot of new vinyl - in fact I have to ration myself because otherwise it’s easy to spend more than I can afford!

Two of my recent ones are ‘Yawny Yawn’ by Bill Ryder-Jones:

And ‘Anima’ by Thom Yorke:

I agree it’s easy to overspend, I bought The Delines latest release the other day and was best part of £25
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Paul.

Not only new vinyl but a new cassettes this week (First one in 30+ years).

Vinyl - Fleetwood mac - Rumours £16
    Cassette Tape - Guardian of the Galaxy vol2 £15

Both very pleased with.
    HI-FI SYSTEM:-
    Revox B250 Amp.
    Revox PR 99 mk2 R2R.
    Revox B126 C/D Player.
    Yamaha GT2000 T/Table with Shure MKIV Cartridge and Jeco VN-45HE SAS/R Stylus.
    Bang & Olufsen Beolab18's and the 19 Sub Speakers.

A/V 5.1 System :-
    Soundsend Wisa box.
    Harmen Kardon front and rear satellite.
    Legend 10.2 Silverback Active Centre.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by p147 View Post
    Not only new vinyl but a new cassettes this week (First one in 30+ years).

Vinyl - Fleetwood mac - Rumours £16
    Cassette Tape - Guardian of the Galaxy vol2 £15

Both very pleased with.
    Cassette that’s interesting, It’s been a few years since I had a cassette player.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast