+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Best subwoofer for Falcon LS3/5a?

I'm Steve.

Yes, in a similar way me and Usain Bolt can both obey the starting pistol, but the results will differ somewhat. Bass loading and cone materials will surely affect the 'speed' to some degree.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

I agree with Sailor. Again. A 'Slow' sounding subwoofer just isn't tuned right or placed right. It's not a quality inherent to the device.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm charles.

Hey now, Mr. Bolt is past his prime, be gentle with him.

I'm Panos.

Gentlemen,

just to report that I've pulled the trigger and bought a REL T/5x. Being unable to demo both the SVS 3000 Micro and the REL T/5x in my room, I've taken a leap of faith, based on the positive feedback from a lot of people about how easily they have been able to integrate a REL sub with their speakers.

I will take some time and revert with impressions.

Cheers,
    Panos
    System1: Lenco L75 with custom plinth, SLAT, sph bearing, SG4 external power supply + Alfred Bokrand AB-309 tonearm + Denon DL103R (aluminum body) + Well Tempered 12" tonearm clone + Denon DL103R (wooden body), ASR Mini Basis Exclusive HV, Marantz CD6005, LAB12 DAC1 SE+, Hattor BIG passive + active pre, Lab12 Suono power amp, Falcon LS3/5a Gold Badge, LAB12 Gordian, Belden 8428, Black Cat Red Level Triode, LAB12 Knack MkII

System 2: Roksan Xerxes original (HiFi Inspire plinth) with Maxon ReMax motor + Audiomods Series6 + Ortofon Cadenza Black microridge retipped, ASR Mini Basis Exclusive, Marantz CD6003, Croft Micro25R + Series7R monoblocks (110W/ea), Harbeth SHL5 Plus 40th Anniv.

System 3: Marantz CD6003, Croft SuperMicroII ('R' spec by Croft, Tesla E83CC in phono)+ Series7, Snell Type EII (with bypass caps, new internal wiring, WBT nextgen 0703Cu), Mark Grant HDX1, Atlas Hyper 3.0

Try 2x of these: https://www.svsound.com/products/3000-micro-subwoofer

I think lots of the sub comments around not running them with electrostatics or LS3's are pre DSP.
    MacBook / Cd6000ki > Beresford SEG + Dorado / Dragonfly Red > Bel Canto / MF X-A1 > Neat Iota / Tannoy R3...

I'm Dave.

Too late.

I'm Panos.

While waiting for my Falcon LS3/5a Gold Badge to return after a service at the Falcon factory, I've tried to integrate the REL T/5x sub with my temporary main speakers, the OGY, which are single-driver (3.9"), full range, crossover-less and transmission line. They are narrower, but deeper than the Falcons, as can be seen in the enclosed photos.

I've taken the route to integrate the sub by using a calibrated microphone (UMIK-1) and REW software, rather than relying on my ears. Enclosed are the results. The purple line is the one with the REL sub included, and as is evident it differentiates from the red line (main speakers only) in frequencies below 90Hz.

Without any doubt the sub is a big plus in the overall sound quality of the system.

Furthermore, as soon as I receive my serviced Falcon LS3/5a from the Falcon factory, I will integrate the sub with Falcons and post the respective measurements.

OGY+REL T5x.jpg
    IMG_9739.jpg
    IMG_9435.jpg
    IMG_9437.jpg
    OGY-TL.jpg
    System1: Lenco L75 with custom plinth, SLAT, sph bearing, SG4 external power supply + Alfred Bokrand AB-309 tonearm + Denon DL103R (aluminum body) + Well Tempered 12" tonearm clone + Denon DL103R (wooden body), ASR Mini Basis Exclusive HV, Marantz CD6005, LAB12 DAC1 SE+, Hattor BIG passive + active pre, Lab12 Suono power amp, Falcon LS3/5a Gold Badge, LAB12 Gordian, Belden 8428, Black Cat Red Level Triode, LAB12 Knack MkII

System 2: Roksan Xerxes original (HiFi Inspire plinth) with Maxon ReMax motor + Audiomods Series6 + Ortofon Cadenza Black microridge retipped, ASR Mini Basis Exclusive, Marantz CD6003, Croft Micro25R + Series7R monoblocks (110W/ea), Harbeth SHL5 Plus 40th Anniv.

System 3: Marantz CD6003, Croft SuperMicroII ('R' spec by Croft, Tesla E83CC in phono)+ Series7, Snell Type EII (with bypass caps, new internal wiring, WBT nextgen 0703Cu), Mark Grant HDX1, Atlas Hyper 3.0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678