+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: recommend cheap speakers to go with cheap tpa3116 amp

  1. #1
    Join Date: Aug 2012

    Location: Lincs

    Posts: 712
    I'm Philip.

    Default recommend cheap speakers to go with cheap tpa3116 amp

    Having got rid of all my gear, i wouldn't mind a very cheap system.

    I thought to get a chinese tpa3116 amp and power supply or a huge outlay of 25.

    Any recommendations for speakers to go with it?
    Under 50 used.

    4x4 meter room.
    Old ish ears.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 20,879
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    Adam (Westlower) has a pair of KEF Coda III speakers going free, but you would have to collect. https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...Speakers/page2
    Last edited by Barry; 16-08-2019 at 13:55. Reason: spelling!
    Barry

  3. #3
    Join Date: Apr 2017

    Location: Manningtree, Essex

    Posts: 973
    I'm Tony.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Alan (Westlower) has a pair of KEF Coda III speakers going free, but you would have to collect. https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...Speakers/page2
    +1 This is a good shout!
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

  4. #4
    Join Date: Mar 2016

    Location: Barnet, london UK

    Posts: 1,706
    I'm Adam.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philv View Post
    Having got rid of all my gear, i wouldn't mind a very cheap system.

    I thought to get a chinese tpa3116 amp and power supply or a huge outlay of 25.

    Any recommendations for speakers to go with it?
    Under 50 used.

    4x4 meter room.
    Old ish ears.

    Thanks.

    HI Philip

    As Barry has said, the Kefs are Free.
    I could box them up if you want to send a courier

    or I could take them to the post office and send standard parcel.
    Couldn't imagine it being more than 20 - 30 (don't quote me on that!)

    let me know
    "lack of passion is fatal"


    Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / Tenuto gun metal mat / SME-3012r ikeda rewire / SME 3009 unimproved / audio-technica ATP-12T - phonomac modified / STEREO: Jan Allaerts MC1 Boron / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo' pre & phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: SW1X Audio Design DAC 1 signature / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

  5. #5
    Join Date: Aug 2012

    Location: Lincs

    Posts: 712
    I'm Philip.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    HI Philip

    As Barry has said, the Kefs are Free.
    I could box them up if you want to send a courier

    or I could take them to the post office and send standard parcel.
    Couldn't imagine it being more than 20 - 30 (don't quote me on that!)

    let me know
    Hi,

    that's a cracking offer.

    Yes, i'd like them if it isn't too much bother to box them up.

    Thank you,

    Pm coming

+ Reply to Thread



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •