+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi all

I'm Mark.

Default Hi all

As you can see I'm a long time lurker and as there's something I'd like in the Ads section I thought I'd say hello.

Been into Hi-Fi since my late teens. My first system consisted of an old Rotel tuner amp and some Mission 700 speakers with a basic Aiwa tape deck as that was my source. Had numerous upgrades since then consisting of Mission, JPL, Tannoy, B&W speakers, Amps ranged from Marantz, Rotel, Audiolab, and Tag, CD Players mostly Arcam and went the Meridian transport>DAC route.

Final (maybe) and now system is MF A3.2 Pre > MF A308 Power. MF KW Dac driving some nice Xenon Amphion MK2 speakers. Main source is computer based.

Really don't get the time to listen to it much now, actually not at all since my first child arrived more than four years ago. Only had a couple of sessions since then.

Would like to go back to the headphone listening as the use of my Hi-Fi is now pretty much redundant. Used to have a a rig which was a pair of Senny HD650 with a lovely dedicated headphone valve amp (match made in heaven), God knows why I got shot of it considering the price rise of the Senny's.

Outside of Hi-Fi i'm trying to get back in the fitness regime. I like watching footy and Darts (although there's too much of it nowadays). Reading wise I like the paranormal and esoteric stuff..
    Last edited by ell-ess-dee; 15-08-2019 at 21:38. Reason: Model of speakers

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Mark.

"ell-ess-dee" would that be pounds, shillings and pence, or lysergic acid diethyamide?

Life's too short to be watching darts on TV, so get back to listening to music. What are your tastes in music, by the way?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Mark.

The latter - listening to 'Coil's Love's Secret Domain' on my first trip is an experience I'll never forget.

Music taste is pretty diverse, really depends on what mood I'm in. I've never been into classical, country or heavy metal though and can't stand the current pop/grime of today. Maybe it's me just getting old as I do like the old 80s pop music.

Listen to Radio 6 most of the time when on my computer.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Welcome to AoS Mark. Funnily enough when I told my Mrs earlier tonight I was looking at flights on the internet, she got very excited! Which was odd as she's never shown an interest in darts before. (boom, tish). My youngest is now 7, and I had a few years in the hi-fi wilderness, but don't worry, they won't be poking your tweeters in forever! Hope you enjoy the forum.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Mark.

Ha ha - I'm going to use that one.

My saving grace is that I don't live my my other half, she wants me to move my Hi-Fi into her yard but there's not a chance in hell. Plus she has neighbours and I'm residing in a detached house.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Mark. Welcome to AOS.

Join in the chat and get to know everybody, there's always something going on.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Leo.

I'm Adrian.

Welcome to the hard of hearing club, pardon what did you say. try “God is an Astronaut” with the ell-was-dee
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread