Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Airgun licensing

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    What the heck happened to paragraphs?
    The EU have banned them to save paper.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Vince, that was a difficult post for me to read, and I don't mean the paucity of paragraphs - this sort of thing really offends my sense of justice. It goes back to some previous posts where it was suggested that perhaps police should be kept out of it, and justice of a more personal nature applied.

This knobhead doesn't deserve to keep his legs, and you know that being an informer, if he were to meet with an unfortunate "accident", the list of potential culprits must be huge. Pity that your name would now be near the top of that list

Poor Nasus. I know that Staffies are some of the most loving and loyal dogs you'll ever see, it's just a shame they are the 'dog of choice' for your average scumbag, due to them being tough little buggers and vaguely resembling other 'fighting' breeds. These scrotes then proceed to knock the good nature out of them, and if unsuccessful will just tie them to the railings of the local RSPCA shelter, or worse abandon them on a busy road.

Sounds like a case for bringing back dog licensing, but as with airgun licensing/banning, it totally misses the real problem, which is that wrong 'uns that ruin it for the rest of us. I would start by licensing any type of hooded clothing. Anyone found wearing one without a license will be dealt summary justice. No courts, no fines, just a pair of scissors which every copper should carry.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Russell.

I can’t imagine gangsters fiddling with air pumps and pellets, I don’t see what the general public has to fear from pellet gun owners? Had their been an actual rise in pellet gun crime? I seriously doubt it. Some idiot in the government gets a wild hair, and to hell with your rights.

And I’ve heard talk of regulating stereo! There was big talk of it in Stereophile many years back. So far I don’t think any rules have been made. But Class A amps could be a thing of the past if they do. Not illegal for you to buy, but for manufacturers to make. They could be forced to make all of their equipment comply to some arbitrary limit on power consumption. And amp makers will be forced to only make Class D amps, in order to comply.

And believe me, there are those who believe no one needs anything louder than a clock radio. They don’t want you to have the ability to disturb the peace. And Lord forbid you’ve got children in the house! You may damage their hearing! Even if you’ve never turned it up loud, the fact you could might hurt the children! Before we go off being offended by what others do, like shoot pellet rifles, remember it’s a slippery slope, before someone starts to take offense to what we do.

Russell

I'm Vince.

Sorry about the paragraphs.

Is that better.

Don't want to upset you.

I think the content of my rant was a damn sight more important than paragraphs.

I'm Vince.

I know what you mean about dickheads and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
    Trophy dogs, is about the best description for them. They all have spiky collars or harnesses, and as you say, they knock the character out of the dog.
    My staffy's lick people to death when they come to the house and the amount of people who haven't mixed with Staffy's are shocked at just how friendly they are. If you have a Staffy, not a crossbreed mind, and it is viscous towards people, you are looking at the other end of the leader for blame.
    As I said, it totally changed the character of Nasus towards dogs, he now growls and goes for them. But that is up to the resonsible owner to keep your dog on a lease if other dogs are present.
    Our 'bairns' as Susan and I call them, are a very big, important part of our family. They love contact, to be as close as they can all the time. They give 100% unconditional love and we give it back.
    My son who is now 30, is the same as us as he was raised with dogs and now has his own.
    I know someone who has a Pitbull Terrier, he resuced her when she was young, and she is just like our dogs. Very obediant and loving. Again it is the way dogs are raised most of the time.
    One dog that no matter what you do, will go for everything is the Jack Russell Terrier. My mother had one and he was so playful, until he saw a dog or cat. It was akin to a transformation, the way he changed. He could never be let off a lease as he would just go crazy if he saw another dog or cat. Again it was up to the responsibility of the owner to keep on a lease.
    I know there are some people who just cannot grasp the whole dog thing. That is up to them, their choice.
    Susan and were talking about the air weapon thing and if licensing come about, how are they going inforce the huge amount of guns that are out there. Something else that will pushed underground.

I'm Grant.

Yup, most dogs are as viscious as their owner wants them to be and wishes himself to. Some folk; no, many folk shouldn't be allowed to keep animals, far less kids
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Anto.

I accept high powered air rifles should be on a firearms cert , heavy handed ,but if you show a need to have one for club shooting , its something you need to do , to get one !

Lower powered airguns should maybe have a easier , new type licence to obtain one , but who the hells going to police it?
    They cant cope with everything shotgun /firarms related , already !!

We all know that anyone with a table leg shaped as a gun or an air rifle ,is likely to attract the gun squad down on them if someone reports it as a potential ' gun related event /offence '!!

Out in the country its not so likely , but lets not forget vermin control is still needed !
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Alan.

[QUOTE=NRG;1114201]What the heck happened to paragraphs? [/QUOTE

Their 'chutes didn't open
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Vince.

Ha ha, good one Al

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    I accept high powered air rifles should be on a firearms cert , heavy handed ,but if you show a need to have one for club shooting , its something you need to do , to get one !

Lower powered airguns should maybe have a easier , new type licence to obtain one , but who the hells going to police it?
    They cant cope with everything shotgun /firarms related , already !!

We all know that anyone with a table leg shaped as a gun or an air rifle ,is likely to attract the gun squad down on them if someone reports it as a potential ' gun related event /offence '!!

Out in the country its not so likely , but lets not forget vermin control is still needed !
    There was a story 3 or 4 years ago where a man who was registered blind had his white stick mistaken for a weapon by the plod, and when he failed to 'comply', was tasered. He also had a heart condition and subsequently died. I kid you not, and if I can find a link to the story I will post it. But don't hold your breath.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast