+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Airgun licensing

I'm Martin.

Regarding high current amplifiers I think the intention is to ban the further sale of them, I don't think that those already in existence will need to be handed in in some sort of 'amnesty'. They've got bob hope of that anyway. What are they going to do, conduct house to house searches for them?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

It's ridiculous. In general, high current amps must be extremely rare when compared to the quantity of say vacuum cleaners or washing machines out there. Surely it's not a realistic issue?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gary.

Just think when your neighbors plug in their electric cars, and the rest of the street plug their's in, will there be sag in voltage or worse.

Smart meters may be able to detect what you're using power for, and have control?

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It's ridiculous. In general, high current amps must be extremely rare when compared to the quantity of say vacuum cleaners or washing machines out there. Surely it's not a realistic issue?
    But the EU are already specifying the max power vacuum cleaners etc., can be manufactured, it's not a big leap!

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    But the EU are already specifying the max power vacuum cleaners etc., can be manufactured, it's not a big leap!

Gary
    AFAIK they are not insisting on all the old high power ones being recalled though.

Anyway it won't matter soon with any luck.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    AFAIK they are not insisting on all the old high power ones being recalled though.

Anyway it won't matter soon with any luck.
    it would be hard to prove that you were ignoring the law anyway as most wouldnt know a high powered amp from chocolate... Its a bit different with a gun
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Yep that's what I read in Hi-Fi News, I think. There is a call to reduce carbon footprint by out lawing big heavy class A and valve amps. FFS, I have a big Musical Fidelity AMS 35I, pure class A and the oven, toaster and kettle draw more juice. I tried it out with a mains block that had a display of the power it was drawing. Oh and my old plasma tv as well. There has got to someone in charge who has a half grasp of common sense. I'm totally law abiding and they want to make me have a license for a gun that is below 12ft lbs. I know it is within power as Bagnall and Kirkwood in Newcastle serviced it for me and set it up to within allowance. Then the powers to be want me to get shot of my amp.....no probs.....cough up th £6000 it originally cost and the upgrades on top. Yeah no chance. We just keep getting kicked in the teeth over things that are blown all out of proportion, and we, the British, just accept it. Please for the sake of my sanity, find someone in charge with the tiniest bit of sense.
    So true Vince, but I'll tell you one thing - even though I consider myself a responsible airgun owner, if the power consumption police try to take away my SET amp or my Panasonic plasma, they'll get a .22 pellet up their arse, with a perfectly legal 11.6ft lbs behind it. Whenever the incompetent shower of shits that are our successive governments have an issue to deal with, they always take the path of least resistance (us). If they're so concerned with reducing energy consumption and emissions, maybe they should give up their big Jags and Audis and turn up in Fiat 500s instead.

We constantly hear that the police and courts are getting tough on knife crime, with zero-tolerance. But whenever I see on TV some scrote found in possession of a "bladed weapon", the consequences are almost always a caution, a small fine, or even "released without charge" ffs. They should concentrate their energies on getting this right, and let us nice people get on with our lives.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Vince.

You are completely right Steve. About 7-8 years ago an arsehole told me to be careful with my dogs as his Patterdales were fighters. I have a dog and bitch Staffordshire Bull Terriers, and they are very big for the breed. I would say well over twice the weight of his Patterdale Terriers, so I promtly told him to fuck off and get his dogs on a lead. 3 times I told him to get his dogs on a lead, he was at least 100 yards away from me and my dogs were next to me, with dogs just a few yards away. As I couldn't take my 'bairns' out one day, he turned up and let his dogs off while my missus was walking ours. Suffice to say, when the larger male Patterdale attacked my male Staff did as he was supposed to do and protected her. As my dog was fighting with dog he ran over and proceeded to whack my dog with a big nobbly walking stick. Susan, my partner was trying her best to stop the Patterdale from getting hurt and had bite injuries all over both hands. Meanwhile as he was beating my dog he repeatedly hit Susan, her arms and shoulders were black and blue the next day. Because the beating with a walking stick didn't work, he pulled out a knife and stuck the full length into the side of Nasus's neck. He is called Nasus as it is Susan's name backwards. The knife went to the hilt, there was entry and exit wounds, but it went in sideways, 90 degrees the other way and Nasus wouldn't be here now. Susan came running the house screaming, 'our Nasus has been stabbed'. I checked him out and saw it wasn't life threating and went straight round to the wankers door. He wouldn't come out, I was wanting to rip him a new ares hole, for what he had done to my 'bairn, friend, companion'. He phone the police, I phoned the police and they turned up and he had the knife on him. It had the blood and black hairs still on it. I know about knife laws, being an ex shotgun.....hunter for a better word. It had a blade length of at least 5 inches and it was a locking blade, both illegal to carry. When I pointed this out to the copper, he replied, extenuating circumstances, he uses it in his allotment. So I replied, why isn't it in his allotment instead of his pocket with the blade extended. This the bit I choke on....I was told to keep away from him as hes said I had threatened him and if I went near him I would be arrested. I said, after what he has done to my dog, and the total disregard for his own dogs wellbeing...I will accept arrest but he isn't getting away with this. I had warned him 3 times to get his dogs on a lead and because I shouted at him he let his own dog get seriously injured.....to try to make a point. Plus he waited until Susan was out with them, she said our bitch, Stella was just frightened when it went on. The copper came out with....the dog has X amount of staples in it and if you try to pursue this your dog will be classed as dangerous and could be put to sleep. I was absolutely gobsmacked, I again pointed out about the illegality of the weapon and hej just said.....Do you want to see your dog destroyed. I was ranting and raving about the so called rise in knife crime and the Zero tolerance against knife crime approach of the police. Again...do you want your dog destroyed. I was forced to let it go......I later found out that he is a police informer or grass if you like, that is why he walked away scott free. He has moved away not long after it happened and has gone totally unpunished for public knife crime, with a totally illegal blade. Man I just love the police.......I have absolutely no faith in them at all. I still have my bairns, Nasus and Stella, he was 15 years old in March and she is about 12 we think, we rescued her when she was about 1-2 years old. So her age is a guestimate. 15 years old and my mate Alan (Mad-Moon) will tell you, he is like a pup with so much energy. I know I've ranted on a bit, but licensing an air rifle, whilst someone is allowed to use a knife in public. Dick heads in power. We have got one of the best countries in the world to live in, but equality is nose diving.
    Last edited by Vince; 16-08-2019 at 20:09.

I'm Vince.

I forgot to mention, the incident changed my own dog Nasus. Instead of just wanting to run about and play with other dogs, or just simply ignore them.....he totally changed. If he is off the lead chasing a stick or his golf ball, no problem. If a dog comes running towards us he goes for any dog that comes close to myself, Susan or indeed Stella. He basically was battered with a big knobbly walking stick and then knifed and the perpetrator walked away scott free. Plus he used his own dog to try to make a point. He should never, ever be allowed to own any pet. Ask anyone who vists us, they are bombarded with 2 'devil dogs',licking and jumping all over them. If you are looking at a bad Staffy, you are looking at the wrong end of the lead. I will fly their banner all day. Finished rant again.

I'm Neal.

What the heck happened to paragraphs?
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast