+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A 6FT Hi-Fi Rack Without Breaking The Bank?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Martin.

Yes a lot of kit is not pretty in a minimalist sense but it is fun. I have so many cables down the back...silver spiral, Ixos Ecosse, k20 that I cant see wall units accomodating it all. These are stiff cables in a spaghetti junction.

I like to get round the back which is why racks are good.

My two turntables are a little hobby. They are only Duals Ive fully restored with new lids and the deluxe bases. A Planar 2 is coming soon. Problem is I keep hanging on to stuff and I will have to get rid of some of it. Its not expensive equipment but I love it.

So I have two TT5s with a TT2 next to them. Then I have a dark green tubular 5 shelf Target with glass shelves and another TT2 with the laptop on....too many racks and the low racks ( 2 shelf ) are a waste of space

The turntables are on the spiked TT5 top shelves...an 80s rack which looks far too black and ugly...maybe I will get them powder coated

Storage is key! We should always have the room ready before bringing equipment in. I have done it the other way round and I will have to put it all in big yellow storage while I rebuild.

Ive got height up to victorian ceilings

Ive seen those 7 shelf Optimum racks but they are £600+ for glass shelves and chrome tubes. Maybe the wood ones arent such steep value after all. The s/h ones are usually 150 miles away
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 14-08-2019 at 12:31.
    " Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"

'I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, sir' said Alice, 'because I'm not myself, you see.'.

+ Reply to Thread