+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anybody tried these? Oyaide OR800 Advance speaker cables

I'm Adrian.

Default Anybody tried these? Oyaide OR800 Advance speaker cables

I was talking with a well respected dealer about a few things and also was asking his opinion on cables.

He said they have tried all sorts of speaker cables from £100’s to many thousands and in his opinion the only cable worth buying is Oyaide OR800 Advance, for a 3m pair it is around 750euros, which sounds a lot but he said if you read up about it will find it really is not worth buying anything else if you want a transparent cable that just gets the job done. He said from his experience a lot of cables out there irrespective of cost give a high frequency boost and the result is a hardened and up front sound, what ever the speaker used is, whereas the OR800’s give a natural and relaxed musical result. From what I can find out these cables have be around since 1974 and are highly regarded

I found this quite interesting and wondered if anyone on here had tried the Oyaide OR800 Advance speaker cables, and what your thoughts and impressions are?

Something I may try later on when I have moved on some more CD’s and stuff, also I need to relocate the hifi onto a better stand and can then try out the weird multi-core cables I still have.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Not sure how a cable gives a high frequency boost, but looking at that Oyaide cable it would appear to be a high capacitance design due to being quite tightly twisted, which would curtail the treble a bit.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Not sure how a cable gives a high frequency boost, but looking at that Oyaide cable it would appear to be a high capacitance design due to being quite tightly twisted, which would curtail the treble a bit.
    Thanks for that Don, it would be nice to hear from someone that uses or has tried them to get their thoughts.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Steve.

I gave up on the cable bullshitosis quite a few years back now. One thing i have noticed on many occasions at Bake Off's and even shows is that many enthusiasts use real world cables that tend to be inexpensive rather than a £750 3 metre pair. Without wishing to sit on the fence i am not disputing the worth of beautifully constrcted and engineered cable but once you get past a certain point finacially the law of diminishing returns soon kicks in. I'll get me coat...

I'm David.

Red card for Steve for bringing audiophile findings into disrepute.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Cables do make a difference, it’s just there are other things that can make far more of a difference imo.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Dennis.

The risk of exciting placebophilia increases with the increasingly luxurious size and appearance, and this can really get in the way of perceiving real differences in sound.

+ Reply to Thread