+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IC: TDS Passive Audiophile Buffer

I'm Lawrence.

Default IC: TDS Passive Audiophile Buffer

Transformer based passive buffer which also adds a little "liveliness" to the music and brings voices a little forward in particular. It's very rare but I've heard a few people say once they've used it they can't take it out of their system. I've used it from time to time but my usual issue is the other way round ie trying to remove excess liveliness. It also adds a couple of dB to the volume, like the MF X10 does.

This is the more expensive passive version, one difference is the switch at the front to bypass, so you can switch it on and off to suit albums, mood, time of day, general random changes in sound we all get etc. The internal components and sockets after also upgraded apparently.

I'd like £95 collected from N London. It's very heavy for a little box and won't be very cheap to send (at buyer's risk but not much to go wrong) it will be under a tenner though.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 11-08-2019 at 17:31.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Photos are required, even for 'interest check' items Lawrence.
    Barry

I'm Lawrence.

Sorry I took them and forgot to add them.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

No problem. Good luck with the sale.
    Barry

I'm Lawrence.

Thanks Barry. Done some listening and my system (to my taste) needs a bit of smoothing out more often than not so this is up for sale. They appear to be rather rare and sought after in the US. There's a review in the below link. It was Normmc on here that has one (or two) and likes them.

http://www.soundstagenetwork.com/revequip/masz09.htm

I'm Lawrence.

Any interest? I appreciate it's a little known device but it's a heavy well made thing and if it does improve things it's a cheap upgrade. I did enjoy it in my system for a while until I went valve buffer. And it can be switched out for different sources/recordings/types of music.

It kind of mimics the effect of valves in a passive way but whether transformers can introduce even order distortion is beyond me..

I'm Norman.

Lawrence, you have PM

Norman
    Rosewood LP12 Lingo, Ittok LVIII, AT OC9/III, Pioneer N-50A Streamer, Beresford Caimen SEG, Yamaha CD-N301 CD/ Streamer.Puresound T10 & P10, Audio Synthesis Passion Ultimate passive preamp, Audio Synthesis Decade amp. Canor TP10 Headphone amp. Pair MF P150 amps
    Linn Keildh, Hiquphon Tweeter upgrade.With Kustone bases
    Solid core Silver interconnects. Silver plated solid core copper interconnects, KLE Silver and Neutrik plugs and K400 biwire cable. Norstone Bergen 2 table
    Mission Isoplat (anyone remember them?)Synology DS215 , Beyerdynamic DT 990's, ADL GT40 Alpha for ADC Duties.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormin'Norman View Post
    Lawrence, you have PM

Norman
    Replied

I'm Lawrence.

Sold STP

+ Reply to Thread