+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bel Canto DAC 3 with fitted VBS board (Virtual Battery Supply)

I'm Ian.

I'm away for a week from today so if anyone is interested in this I should be able to reply but not post until the 16th.

I'm Alan.

All inputs on this are galvanically isolated which helps to keep external noise from affecting the system it's attached to.

I have also used the AES input, 110 ohm usual impedance, with a short lead from a coaxial output (75 ohm) with no problem. A standard coax to XLR lead works well.

I'm Ian.

The other day I decided to put the Bel Canto back into the system in place of the Oppo which made me realise it had qualities that I prefer over the Oppo. I suppose it should given it was twice the price new. However, the Oppo has an analogue input which was the main reason I bought it. Then reading about Oliver's Neurochrome 686 power amp reminded me I had a Neurochrome Differential Pre in the cupboard. Surely adding another component along with accompanying cables would degrade the sound? Shock horror it actually improved it! Somehow everything opened up further with greater depth and pinpoint placements of instruments and voices. The original idea in buying the Bel Canto and Oppo was to reduce the signal path/box count but to my ears adding the Neurochrome pre has improved things.

In other words, the Bel Canto is no longer for sale

I'm Grant.

why you little...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

All's good that ends well, as they say.
    Good news Ian.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12