+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bel Canto DAC 3 with fitted VBS board (Virtual Battery Supply)

I'm Ian.

Default Bel Canto DAC 3 with fitted VBS board (Virtual Battery Supply)

Bel Canto DAC 3 with fitted VBS board (Virtual Battery Supply) - bought from Alan Firebottle just over a month ago (see original listing https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...ight=bel+canto )

It is in the same excellent condition as Alan described so I have used his pictures - hope you don't mind Alan. Sounds terrific and has all the facilities I need from a DAC pre amp except for an analogue input for my phono stage. I thought I could live with swapping to my other pre when I wanted to play vinyl but it is a bit of a pain so when the other Alan's Oppo DAC/pre with one analogue input came up I couldn't resist, hence the sale. I'm just hoping the Oppo will sound as good as the Bel Canto.

This can also be used to drive a power amp directly using the variable output and remote control.
    In excellent condition, typical Bel Canto construction, built like a brick outhouse.

Included in the sale is a custom 12V linear power supply. There is a slight mark on the top.
    Original box, instruction manual and full function remote control.

£650 plus postage at cost.

Pickup welcome from near Stroud or willing to travel/meet up within reasonable distance for petrol money

I'm Ian.

I'm Ian.

A man dropped of a mini-digger today to level the ground and create a base for a new shed - dedicated to all things hifi fettling so please help me to fund the shed

Sensible offers considered

Note, this is the VBS version of the DAC pre which is an upgrade to the standard version reviewed

I'm Ian.

The shed is ordered so this needs to go to part fund it. Apparently this version was approx. £2500 when new so absolute bargain for a high quality DAC/pre-amp.

I'm Ian.

I understand it's not a good time to sell but as there is no interest I think this now has to go to ebay.

I'm Vince.

I haven't heard your Bel Canto dac, but I've read some raving reviews, including the one's you inserted. I doubt you will be disappointed with the Oppo, I have an Oppo HA1 headphone amp and the 105D and 103D Blu-Ray players. They all have dacs that can be used with external gear and they all shine. I've a feeling that the Bel Canto and Oppo will sound slightly different, but both will be excellent. Glws ps. the battery board will certainly help the Bel Canto.

I'm Phil.

There have been some on ebay for a while , I check daily , you are better off staying on forums who know them and fb work in electronics imho. They have superb remote controls and bombproof build . I recently sold my 3.5vbs with lns1 for this price
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Ian.

Thanks for your replies guys. Vince, yes the Oppo is really good but I'm not sure if it is quite as good as the Bel Canto but there again it does have the big advantage for me at least of an analogue input. If I didn't use vinyl I would be very happy sticking with the Bel Canto. Phil, I take your point but there have been some sales on ebay - a DAC 3 with vbs sold for £750 at the beginning of June. I'll bide my time - the shed arrives on Monday so that will keep me busy for a while

I'm Vince.

As I said Ian, I think the battery power supply will certainly help. I've read loads about Bel Canto but I've never heard one, all the reviews are positive. Mind my Arcam D33 dac is some bit of kit. I'd always wanted a Chord dac and 2nd Hand Hi-Fi in Stockton loaned me one, a Chord Dac 64. Alan, (Mad-Moon) was here and the Arcam was the better of the 2. I honestly thought I would be buying the Chord......the grass is always greener on the other side. I've gotta get a cure for this upgradeitis. So I'm hanging onto my Arcam, it has upraded fuses inside, a Furutech DPS4.1 power lead and Russ Andres Zapperator fitted. Each upgrade was audibly clear to hear. Glws

I'm Ian.

Last bump before ebay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast