+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Dehumidifier Magic!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    My de-humidifier has arrived. Not the same as Jim's but very similar, also works as an air purifier. The fancy humidity monitor arrived earlier in the week, it shows time, temp and humidity. Currently running at 21.3 degrees and 64 percent. Will get the machine running in a bit and see what sort of impact it makes.
    You will be doing well if you get humidity down to 60%. Don't forget to close all windows and doors!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Martin.

My windows are hardly ever open anyway! Even in summer. The noise from the street irritates me. As soon as I open a window some fucker in a diesel will pull up outside and sit there for half an hour with his engine running.

Anyway I'm aiming for the golden 55% humidity, see if it can be done.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

I wonder if a dehumidifier would speed up the drying of my undercrackers on the clothes maiden?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Dennis.

In your position Martin I would seriously consider the effects of that environment on my health.
    In '86 I, as a result of a split-up had to move to a studio flat on the Borough High St., and the pollution there was very bad, but I had previously rebuilt an ioniser and I put it into service.

I also had lent it to my Mother who lived in Beckenham, and who smoked a lot, and when I went to see her I could see what looked like marmite running down her walls, such was its effectiveness.

When I finally left the Borough in '94, when I moved the furniture the walls were black with exhaust and wheel disc wear, and I recommend anyone in such to get one; a small investment for a major gain in health IMO.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    In your position Martin I would seriously consider the effects of that environment on my health.
    In '86 I, as a result of a split-up had to move to a studio flat on the Borough High St., and the pollution there was very bad, but I had previously rebuilt an ioniser and I put it into service.

I also had lent it to my Mother who lived in Beckenham, and who smoked a lot, and when I went to see her I could see what looked like marmite running down her walls, such was its effectiveness.

When I finally left the Borough in '94, when I moved the furniture the walls were black with exhaust and wheel disc wear, and I recommend anyone in such to get one; a small investment for a major gain in health IMO.
    Ioniser seconded.
    Mine is an air blown jobbie so the filter is cleaned every so often.

Stunning the amount of muck I clean out of it
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Grant.

My humidifier has an ionizer. I've not fou d any muck so far but I don't smoke so maybe the reason
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

I already have an ionizer but thanks for the suggestion.

Pollution is not really a problem although the air quality round here is not great. It's more the noise that makes me keep the windows shut.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Craig.

Stop Press!

Hifi stores inundated with requests for dehumidifiers! ��
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Martin.

Okay dehumidifier update.

With it running for about an hour I can get humidity down to 53%. I have 3 humidity meters, one built into the unit, a stand-alone digital temp and humidity monitor and an old fangled analogue job and they all read the same. After an hour there was about an egg-cups worth of water in the tank.

With no dehumidifier running the humidity varies from 55% to 65%. This appears to be entirely dependant on the weather. This morning humidity is 57% without the unit running. Conclusion: I don't have a humidity problem in my house. Although the unit I bought also acts as an air purifier so there is some use to it. I have not found there to be any connection between the humidity and sound quality, possibly because I cannot get the humidity high enough to hear any deleterious effects.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

humidity is 51 here.. not had my humidifier on of late as its been humid enough. but with winter onsetting they will be on a lot more
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast