+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Electronumpty's Bigbottle MC phono blowout!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smangus View Post
    Well I guess 1 out of 2 is not bad, a 50% success rate lol
    It could just be something as simple as a resistor of the wrong value.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    It could just be something as simple as a resistor of the wrong value.
    Yeah going to check them all , could take a while.
    At the cutting edge of Numptyness!

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

ok so far 2 resistors look all over the place when measured - R143 and R141 the readings don't go to the proper value and constantly change on the MM. I can't see how they can have shorted from the soldering so maybe they just need replacing? Measured on the lead in by the body so shouldn't make a difference if they are in circuit no?

I'm Alan.

The readings are going to change due to capacitance in the circuit.

I can't remember if the heatsinks are earthed, have you isolated V145 (Fet) from its heatsink.
    To try to isolate the short lift up one end of R151, 390 ohms and try again. If still shorted the problem is by the rectifiers and regulator Fet V145. If not the problem is further down the circuit.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    The readings are going to change due to capacitance in the circuit.

I can't remember if the heatsinks are earthed, have you isolated V145 (Fet) from its heatsink.
    To try to isolate the short lift up one end of R151, 390 ohms and try again. If still shorted the problem is by the rectifiers and regulator Fet V145. If not the problem is further down the circuit.
    ok I'll give it a shot

Thanks for the suggestion, haven't isolated the heatsink but will do.

Cheers

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

When you say "try again" do mean add the power from the tranny or measure the Rs again?

I'm Grant.

re measure
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    re measure
    ta v much

I'm Alan.

No I meant apply power again.

I'm Grant.

resistors rarely go short. can change value tho especially if a lot of current is passed through them from a short elsewhere.. bad soldering could also cause it. small components on a tight board and its easy to cause a short.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast