+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Beatles Abbey Road 50th Anniversay Releases

I'm barry.

Default The Beatles Abbey Road 50th Anniversay Releases

Something very special announced today

Bigman80 Guest

How fantastic!!!

I was sincerely hoping that this would happen.

Off to raid the piggy bank

I'm openingabottleofwine.

It's the last recording that the Beatles made together, so of significance to Beatles fans.

My partner lives in London and we often pass the EMI Abbey Road studios, and are amused by the pereninal tourists who visit the address to pay 'homage'.

Today was the 50th anniversary of the issue of 'Abbey Road', and there was a near constant use of the zebra crossing by visitors having their photos taken re-enacting the album cover.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Easily my favourite Beatles album, makes even the most miserable winter days feel like summer Might just treat myself...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It's the last recording that the Beatles made together, so of significance to Beatles fans.

My partner lives in London and we often pass the EMI Abbey Road studios, and are amused by the pereninal tourists who visit the address to pay 'homage'.

Today was the 50th anniversary of the issue of 'Abbey Road', and there was a near constant use of the zebra crossing by visitors having their photos taken re-enacting the album cover.
    Pity it's not the original.

The original was moved more than 30 years ago for traffic management reasons.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post

That term covers a multitude of sins. I should know, I was in Highway Engineering.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post

Or was it?

There was a rumor that the Abbey Road pedestrian crossing, seen on the famous Beatles' ​"Abbey Road" album cover, was no longer in the same place. This rumor was perpetuated by a statement from Westminster Council saying the crossing had been moved several meters for a traffic management scheme about 30 years ago.

An employee at Abbey Road Studios who explained this story was put out by old-time residents to stop so many people going to take photographs. It didn't work and it isn't true, although Westminster Council never retracted the statement.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/abbey-road...london-1582879
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Frank.

I would have thought it would be pretty easy to verify by anyone that knew the area and was old enough to remember.

I'm Martin.

You should be able to tell from all the photographs taken over the years.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

The white gateposts of the house on the left are visible in both pictures (in the original just by the white VW 'Beetle' (which I guess was there just out of happy coincidence). From that I'd say if the crossing has moved it cannot be by more than a few feet.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast