+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: HDMI cables are all the same?

I'm barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    They may be experts in their chosen professional field, which I don't dispute, but they're not 'experts' at telling anyone here which HDMI cables they should use. *That* is the key bit you're failing to get.

You need to understand that on AoS we use what *WE* think works, regardless of it being endorsed, or otherwise, by any 'expert'.

Marco.
    They know all HDMI cables are the same, and no matter what your eyes may tell you that is the truth of it. That chart I posted earlier is proof of what I am saying.

I'm barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Why do you ask?

Re-read any of my previous posts if unsure.
    It's all open and in public knowledge.
    You never mentioned his name?

OOPs crossed wires. If the HDMI is changing the colour on your TV as you think your ISF calibration for Day, Night and Gaming will be of no use because if it were true your colour gamut and gamma would have changed.

I'm Gary.

HDT....
    Naa.

By the way thats the last post of mine I engage with you in a constructive nature.

Basically, ran out of arsedness for recycling the same old arguments again and again, and despite some effort on my part you have proven (to me) with your posts,

Your just one of THOSE guys.

Sorry Man.
    Fill your boots, just not on my time.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm barry.

HDT....
    Naa.

By the way thats the last post of mine I engage with you in a constructive nature.

Basically, ran out of arsedness for recycling the same old arguments again and again, and despite some effort on my part you have proven (to me) with your posts,

Your just one of THOSE guys.

Sorry Man.
    Fill your boots, just not on my time.
    One of Those Guys?

I only asked for the calibrators name, no offense intended.

I'm Gary.

Some offense taken.
    Sorry, but that's just how you come across.

...and you know your being a wee bit naughty.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm barry.

Some offense taken.
    Sorry, that's just how you come across.
    Like how, I only showed an interest in who did your ISF calibration as it is what I do but not to ISF standard I am afraid, way to expensive for the equipment they use ( although the I One Display Pro Colourimeter is excellent). I am not sure how that was offensive?

Here is a link to Kalibrate, they provide the meters and Chromapure software that would get anyone interest in the DIY route started. Run by Ricky J., mention me you might get a discount.

https://www.chromapure.co.uk/details...d=24&type=blog

What is offensive is:
    Being told you are not talking facts but opinion
    Posts backing up my argument being ignored
    Being threatened to be banned for trying to help people better understand the nature of HDMI and Picture quality after 10 years involved in the field.
    Last edited by Dr Winston O Boogie; 09-08-2019 at 16:27.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie View Post
    Then that would be very bad advice.
    You've missed the point.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gary.

DP
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie View Post
    Like how, I only showed an interest in who did your ISF calibration as it is what I do but not to ISF standard I am afraid, way to expensive for the equipment they use ( although the I One Display Pro Colourimeter is excellent). I am not sure how that was offensive?

Here is a link to Kalibrate, they provide the meters and Chromapure software that would get anyone interest in the DIY route started. Run by Ricky J., mention me you might get a discount.

https://www.chromapure.co.uk/details...d=24&type=blog

What is offensive is:
    Being told you are not talking facts but opinion
    Posts backing up my argument being ignored
    Being threatened to be banned for trying to help people better understand the nature of HDMI and Picture quality after 10 years involved in the field.
    Understand.
    What did it was your your "tone" from your previous posts, wanted to engage with you on a technical/friendly level...but sadly...alas.

Understand you wanting to help people better understand HDMI, all good, but as Gallileo said,

"Measure what can be measured, and make measurable what cannot be measured."

And THATS where the issue came from.

But hey..ain't no thang.
    Thanks for the Discount mention,already calibrated but appreciate the gesture.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 09-08-2019 at 16:56.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm barry.

Understand.
    What did it was your your "tone" from your previous posts, wanted to engage with you on a technical/friendly level...but sadly...alas.

Understand you wanting to help people better understand HDMI, all good, but as Gallileo said,

"Measure what can be measured, and make measurable what cannot be measured."

And THATS where the issue came from.
    I have tried to engage at a friendly technical level, put forward all the evidence there is but unfortunately, people here do not want to know which is very frustrating. HDMI is a totally different ball game to audio cables and is well understood for it's capabuilitys or lack of. As I have said there is no room for error with this connection, it will not improve picture quality, be it colour, gamma, chroma or anything else. You and a couple of others are saying with my eyes in my room with my system i see a diiference, that is fair enough, what I have shown is there is none and that is an undisputable fact. I am not being a know all, big head, or anything else this is just the way it is. I am not being awkward or nasty or argumentative.

I suggest and this is only a suggestion some of you join AVForums, there is a wealth of knowledge there that will help you achieve a perfect picture or as near as damm it.

Here is part one of how to achieve a great picture on your TV as I posted earlier.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast