+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: HDMI cables are all the same?

I'm Neil.

Scarts made a big difference, better ones such as QED and Ixos, I preferred the QED ones, of course component cables made a difference as well.

When I switched to HDMI when the hardware allowed I started with Polaroid out of ADSA, but I felt I could do better, so I bought some AudioQuest Pearl HDMIs and there was to my eyes and ears an improvement in picture and sound. Not massive, but worth the investment.

None of my video kit is calibrated professionally, nor have I done it with a test DVD. Could it be better? Maybe but I am happy as is, set up to suit me.
    Regards Neil

I'm barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Scarts made a big difference, better ones such as QED and Ixos, I preferred the QED ones, of course component cables made a difference as well.

When I switched to HDMI when the hardware allowed I started with Polaroid out of ADSA, but I felt I could do better, so I bought some AudioQuest Pearl HDMIs and there was to my eyes and ears an improvement in picture and sound. Not massive, but worth the investment.

None of my video kit is calibrated professionally, nor have I done it with a test DVD. Could it be better? Maybe but I am happy as is, set up to suit me.
    Neil what some here do not understand is that if colour (PQ) was changed from one HDMI to another those colour points on a spectrometer would move, they don't. A bit like looking at the coulour of a distant star in our solar system it will be fixed for that particular star, however move on to a different star the colour spectrum will move dependingon that stars composition. This is a universal fact! It is not like audio.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie View Post
    So a case of agree with me or I will ban you, even though I have given you indisputable evidence and scientific fact to the contrary of your wrong opinion.
    My opinion is my opinion. You're welcome to disagree with it, but you can't tell me it's wrong. So let's be clear: you're being banned because *you* refuse to allow ME to hold an opinion that's contrary to your scientific beliefs.

Try Hydrogen Audio. I think you'll like it there, as they LOVE "indisputable evidence and scientific fact", and worship at the altar of measurements. You clearly don't fit in here.

https://hydrogenaud.io/

Marco.

I'm Neil.

Neil what some here do not understand is that if colour (PQ) was changed from one HDMI to another those colour points on a spectrometer would move, they don't. A bit like looking at the coulour of a distant star in our solar system it will be fixed for that particular star, however move on to a different star the colour spectrum will move dependingon that stars composition. This is a universal fact! It is not like audio.
    Then why did I see/hear an improvement?

Would you hold that scarts and component cables were also all the same?
    Regards Neil

He's gone, mate. Not worth the grief. You'd still be arguing with him come Doomsday!

Marco.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    He's gone, mate. Not worth the grief. You'd still be arguing with him come Doomsday!

Marco.
    I was curious if it was because HDMI is digital or did he feel that way with analogue scarts and component cables.
    Regards Neil

No, he felt that way because he was another typical arrogant know-it-all objectivist!

Marco.

I'm Neal.

Marco you have continuously likened Audio to Video showing your lack of knowledge on the subject of video. There are no grey areas in the laws of physics as the colour spectrum graph (CIE chart) shows. This is not open to debate or subject opinion but again the laws of Physics ..........this you can change or argue the toss over.

He’s gone but I’ll respond with I didn’t know the AV industry had invented a bit perfect transmission protocol and interface that requires no error correction whatsoever...who knew? I bet the computer industry are grinding their collective teeth...
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Neal, you'll never get rigid-thinking robots to entertain anything other than what they've been 'programmed to compute'

At one time I'd have argued with them and defended my opinion to the death, but now I just don't need the grief, as I know there's simply no point.

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789