+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ilford films web site

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Hmm, yes the digital onslaught takes no prisoners.

I've still got a bunch of Ilford and Fuji 120 rolls stored in a fridge. Perhaps I should get some more.

When Kodak announced the closure of their kodachrome processing I got 10 rolls and was in the very last batch for processing. They had already closed their labs in the UK and Holland, my stuff went all the way to the States (at their cost). Kodachrome 64 was simply wonderful.
    Yes my Kodachrome used to be processed in Hemel Hempstead in the UK, then it was collected at the Hemel Hempstead address and sent to Switzerland for processing, then finally it went to America. Now it is no longer made, and I haven't found an acceptable alternative: Fujichrome is OK, but it's not as good as Kodachrome 64.

PS I made a typo in my last post: I intended to say that "it wouldn't surprise me if Ilford were in a similar position".
    Last edited by Barry; 10-08-2019 at 15:00. Reason: Addition
    Barry

I'm Simon.

In my home darkroom days ( 40 years ago!) I never really got on with Ilford paper. I really wanted high contrast and grainy images. I seemed to get better results with Agfa and Kodak Bromesko. Beautiful blacks with no absence of detail. Lost all my prints in my D.I.V.O.R.C.E.
    Simon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12