Some snaps from our recent holiday by car to France and Italy (Tuscany)... First up, the picturesque mountain village where my family come from, called Barga:

The medieval streets of the old town:

The Duomo (main church), situated at the very top of the town, on the one rainy day we had:

View from the bell tower:

And from the very top:

The old bells, and my cousin Franco, who's one of the town's bell ringers, ringing them (along with others):

The intricate old mechanism controlling the clock's timing (and on the bottom right, one of the original bells that was damaged during the war):

Some vintage tractors (from the 1950s) my cousin Franco has restored on his farm:

An old monastery, way up in the hills, where we visited and had lunch at the adjacent restaurant (Brabster tucked away nicely in the shade):

Not far away in the same area:

Views from some surrounding towns:

A little mountain village (called Benabbio) where we enjoyed one of our best meals of the holiday (homemade spinach and ricotta tortelli pasta with Ragu sauce, followed by rabbit cooked in white wine and black olives (but forgot to take pics of the food):

Some authentic pizza (Margherita with fresh rocket leaves) and focaccia, which we enjoyed:

Woman making it in the huge wood-fired oven:

None of yer deep-pan or stuffed crust shite there!

A trattoria where we enjoyed some superb T-bone steak (Florentine style) and homemade pasta:

Some of the typical mountain roads we were travelling around in Tuscany (Del took the pics as I was driving):

You certainly can't afford to fall asleep!

More pics to follow

Marco.