+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday pics from France and Italy 2019

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Cool Holiday pics from France and Italy 2019

Some snaps from our recent holiday by car to France and Italy (Tuscany)... First up, the picturesque mountain village where my family come from, called Barga:

The medieval streets of the old town:

The Duomo (main church), situated at the very top of the town, on the one rainy day we had:

View from the bell tower:

And from the very top:

The old bells, and my cousin Franco, who's one of the town's bell ringers, ringing them (along with others):

The intricate old mechanism controlling the clock's timing (and on the bottom right, one of the original bells that was damaged during the war):

Some vintage tractors (from the 1950s) my cousin Franco has restored on his farm:

An old monastery, way up in the hills, where we visited and had lunch at the adjacent restaurant (Brabster tucked away nicely in the shade):

Not far away in the same area:

Views from some surrounding towns:

A little mountain village (called Benabbio) where we enjoyed one of our best meals of the holiday (homemade spinach and ricotta tortelli pasta with Ragu sauce, followed by rabbit cooked in white wine and black olives (but forgot to take pics of the food):

Some authentic pizza (Margherita with fresh rocket leaves) and focaccia, which we enjoyed:

Woman making it in the huge wood-fired oven:

None of yer deep-pan or stuffed crust shite there!

A trattoria where we enjoyed some superb T-bone steak (Florentine style) and homemade pasta:

Some of the typical mountain roads we were travelling around in Tuscany (Del took the pics as I was driving):

You certainly can't afford to fall asleep!

More pics to follow

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm gone.

Great photos, lovely looking place. Awesome setting.

Must have been hard to return to Wrexham!

I'm James.

Thanks for sharing, that looks like the Italy I love Marco, away from the touristo stuff!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Paul.

Looks fantastic. Are they phone pics or were they taken with a proper camera?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Robin.

Great photos of your trip Marco, with lots of good food.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Great photos, lovely looking place. Awesome setting.

Must have been hard to return to Wrexham!
    Cheers, Jerry. It was a really lovely holiday, but after having driven nearly 3000 miles return, it was also nice to get home! And we enjoy living in North Wales

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Thanks for sharing, that looks like the Italy I love Marco, away from the touristo stuff!
    Cheers, Jim. That's exactly what we like - if we hear any English tourists, we run! Lots more pics to come, from our journey through rural France, some caves we visited in the Ardèche, and our visits to Pisa and Lucca in Italy

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post
    Looks fantastic. Are they phone pics or were they taken with a proper camera?
    It was with the camera on Del's new Huawei smartphone. Seems to produce some nice detail

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Great photos of your trip Marco, with lots of good food.
    Cheers, Robin. There certainly was, although we walked plenty (in often very warm temps, up to 43C), so sweated most of it off!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm brian.

Lovely pics.

Tuscany is one of our favourite places, and although I dont think ive been up to your family village, we know the area quite well. Usually just a little south of where you were. Probably in the more touristy areas. Around Lucca, Certaldo, San Gim (of course but not to stay over. Way too busy for that palaver )
    Interesting to see the flag flying over the church. Reminded me of the horse race in Sienna, when all the local areas put forward their guy, adorned in their colours. Another event which is way too touristy, but a wonderful experience to be in the middle of (unless you need a pee )

Thanks for pics. Time to go back, I think

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast