Closed Thread
Page 92 of 136 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm Grant.

as for old firm game, well anything can happen, but celtic are at home and dont lose often there. gers badly need to get something so logic determines a draw, and it could easily be one, but i will go for a home win.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yeah sure, anything of course can happen, I'm just stating what would need to occur for that to happen. No idea the reasons for the malaise at City. Perhaps Chris could shine some light on that?

But, if they don't get their act together soon, I reckon that Leicester will pip them to second spot, and so will be more likely to finish third than first!

So what are your feelings about tomorrow's game in Glasgow?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

see post above
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yeah sure, anything of course can happen, I'm just stating what would need to occur for that to happen. No idea the reasons for the malaise at City. Perhaps Chris could shine some light on that?

But, if they don't get their act together soon, I reckon that Leicester will pip them to second spot, and so will be more likely to finish third than first!

So what are your feelings about tomorrow's game in Glasgow?

Marco.
    A malaise is the wrong word. Last season took its toll and, this year, we have faced a succession of challenges that we have not come to terms with. Injuries have ripped the heart from our left side - Sane, Laporte, Mendy and Zinchenko have all been injured for all or for large parts of the season. The loss of Kompany is key and we are nursing KDB to try and avoid further injury difficulties.

Though it pains me to say it, and it really does, Liverpool's form has applied so much pressure that it has caught up with us. We try to win on all fronts while they do not and it does take its toll. As a fifty year supporter any trophy is a bonus but I confess that I would rather it be anyone but Liverpool.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

Ah, just read your post, Granty!

I fully support your logic, but do you think a draw would be good enough and reflect title-winning form? Think about it... Including the cup final, that would be NO wins in three attempts against Celtic this season, so for me that wouldn't be title-winning form, which is why I think Rangers will win, *if* they show the greater desire. As ever in old firm games, the team who needs to win most, and above all WANTS to win most, usually does....

For me though, if Rangers have got serious notions of becoming champions, then they *have* to beat Celtic at their ground, just as Celtic have done to Rangers at Ibrox this season. It's a mentality thing, and knowing how to take things to the next level.

Rangers have been playing very well recently and not losing games, but have yet to show that they've got what it takes to become champions and trophy winners, and so take that next step - and if they win tomorrow, for me they'll have finally taken that step. It's got to happen sometime, plus they'll still be smarting and out for revenge for the cup final defeat, which is why I'm predicting that they'll shock Celtic tomorrow by winning.

And THEN we'll have a real title race on our hands.... That's my prediction

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    A malaise is the wrong word. Last season took its toll and, this year, we have faced a succession of challenges that we have not come to terms with. Injuries have ripped the heart from our left side - Sane, Laporte, Mendy and Zinchenko have all been injured for all or for large parts of the season. The loss of Kompany is key and we are nursing KDB to try and avoid further injury difficulties.

Though it pains me to say it, and it really does, Liverpool's form has applied so much pressure that it has caught up with us. We try to win on all fronts while they do not and it does take its toll. As a fifty year supporter any trophy is a bonus but I confess that I would rather it be anyone but Liverpool.
    Thanks for the insight, Geoff. Most interesting.... Anyone but Liverpool, eh?:So the old Manchester/Liverpool niggle/rivalry is still alive and kicking!! Would you rather Man Utd won then?

Anyway, surely you won't begrudge us [I say that with my Liverpool supporter's hat on] winning our first league title in 29 years? It had to happen sometime!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Thanks for the insight, Geoff. Most interesting.... Anyone but Liverpool, eh?:So the old Manchester/Liverpool niggle/rivalry is still alive and kicking!! Would you rather Man Utd won then?

Anyway, surely you won't begrudge us [I say that with my Liverpool supporter's hat on] winning our first league title in 29 years? It had to happen sometime!

Marco.
    It is the sense of entitlement. I had friends of mine organising league winner's parties in March last year and saying the 'back where we belong' stuff. When they didn't win, it became 'six times' and 'Pep's a failure because he was only brought to City to win the CL'. It is just nonsense. Since when did winning the first domestic treble become a failure?
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.

Ah I see... Your feelings are understandable then, as I don't sign up to all that guff, and certainly living in Wales and not being 'wrapped up' in it all in Liverpool or Manchester, I was unaware of it.

The reason I support Liverpool is simply because I was a fan of the legendary teams of the 70s and 80s, the brand of football they played and the influence of their Scots contingent - that's what made me a Liverpool fan, much the same as I became a Celtic fan after watching Jimmy Johnstone, and the type of exciting and attacking football Celtic played during that era. It was *zero* to do with religion or family tradition, as my dad, or indeed any of my family weren't big football fans, although most of my friends at school were.

And in Klopp, a manager and person I respect highly [he's a typical German in the right way], I can sense some of those good times coming back. Liverpool, much the same as Man City or Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal, ALL deserve, and indeed, are capable of winning the title, simply due to their past achievements and status in English football. Therefore, I'd love to see strong examples of ALL of those teams, challenging for the title, rather than just one or two of the top teams dominating, as it makes things exciting

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Tbh, if all my years have given me one thing, its every football team has a contingent of morons, some i agree worse than others, but usually only due to a bigger fanbase.
    Even the ex players who spout in papers show they are pretty much at the same mentality level.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

No teams deserve success because of their history. As an example, Liverpool did not win the FA Cup until 1965 and the Moores' family investment. They are no more deserving of winning now because they were successful for 20 years from that point.

Closed Thread
Page 92 of 136 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast