Closed Thread
Page 8 of 136 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by take5 View Post
    I find it more sad than anything else.

Scottish football is just so nowhere now, in terms of the standard of European club footie. Actually on an international level too !!!!

Hugely sad to see this descent to becoming 3rd rate no-hopers at every level.

Kilmarnock beaten by a team of part timers. Celtic losing 4 goals at home and going out.
    It really is a true reflection of the level now.

Even my team St Johnstone, one of the greatest teams ever...... so bad.
    I cringe now when I see them on telly, as I do with all footie I see from up there.

Honestly, when I see second tier football in England, it is way ahead of anything I see in Scotland.
    I suppose Killie beaten by part timers from Wales is very telling in respect of current levels.

Just so sad, and i dont understand why. The clubs must be getting money for TV rights. Crowds at Celtic are still large.

It must just be that not enough kids are playing the game there now, and coming through. I dont know why.

Did I say... very sad !!
    Celtic have been playing to a high standard but the team has kinda passed its sell by I think. It may take a bit of tin rattling to get it back; only time will tell.
    Rangers have been gash for years, so its nice to see them playing so well now. Hoping they keep it up tbh.

Money wise, Celtic's wage bill is very high and was more than the whole Romanian premier league.... But the small teams, IE all bar the old firm struggle with poor crowds, poor sponsorship and very little tv money, yet the players still want decent money.
    Size of the population watching footie isnt enough to support all these pro teams now. simple maths
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Yup we don't want any Billy big baws out there. Hard graft is the only way
    Agreed
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm brian.

Celtic have been playing to a high standard but the team has kinda passed its sell by I think.
    I think that is the problem. Celtic are playing to a higher standard than any other team in Scotland, which is why they win almost always.

But when playing against teams outside Scotland, their real standard is shown to be rather lacking in quality. Best of a bad bunch does not equal high standard.
    Or look at Killie. Did very well in Scotland last year. Europe watch out !!!!
    First challenge........ Knocked out by part timers from Wales, in Europe

It’s like anything else, if you play with or against inferior folks, you descend to/ are pulled down to their level.

To get better at anything you have to be challenged/ dragged up by that challenge.

It isnt Celtics fault. They beat whatever is in front of them domestically, but that doesn’t prepare them for out in the big bad world. Sadly.

I'm Grant.

I see we are loaning in Andy King from Leicester City. Quite a good player and scores goals from midfield.
    Interesting that Brendan Rodgers is allowing it.

Maybe a dud now?
    Thought it might have been Wilfred Boney lol
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Interesting end to the European Supercup.
    Don't get me wrong - Tammy Abraham's penalty kick was poor, but it's interesting that Adrian's feet were both clear and forward of the line when the ball was struck.
    Which means that VAR should have called it correctly, and the kick be retaken.

UEFA are a bent organisation!
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Neal.

Strong. Maybe inconsistent.
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

You wonder why UEFA get booed every Champions League game in Bradford, Manchester?
    UEFA are a bent organisation, and they look benevolently on their darlings.
    Inconsistency and UEFA are bed mates.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Robin.

2-0 at half time, hopefully looking safe now
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    2-0 at half time, hopefully looking safe now
    3-0 now. Becoming a cricket score shortly if this goes on.
    Not complain tho
    Great stuff
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

3-0 now. Becoming a cricket score shortly if this goes on.
    Not complain tho
    Great stuff
    Looking good
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

Closed Thread