Closed Thread
Page 5 of 136 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm Grant.

City will be unfurling
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yeah I know... But at one time (perhaps even as early as last season?) the unfurling of flags and league kick-off fixtures in England were played on a Saturday afternoon (the weekend after the games in Scotland).

Different after that during the season, when they can be played anytime, just like in Scotland, but in Scotland the opening day of the season is always 3pm on a Saturday afternoon - and none of the games are shown live by Sky or anyone else.

Seems bizarre to me that Liverpool (and Norwich) kicked off their season on a Friday evening, in a live televised game, which is why it caught me unawares... Hey ho.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yeah I know... But at one time (perhaps even as early as last season?) the unfurling of flags and league kick-off fixtures in England were played on a Saturday afternoon (the weekend after the games in Scotland).

Different after that during the season, when they can be played anytime, just like in Scotland, but in Scotland the opening day of the season is always 3pm on a Saturday afternoon - and none of the games are shown live by Sky or anyone else.

Seems bizarre to me that Liverpool (and Norwich) kicked off their season on a Friday evening, in a live televised game, which is why it caught me unawares... Hey ho.

Marco.
    just sky getting their moneys' worth. if it wasnt for sky we up here would be on a more level playing field
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Indeed. Plus, for me, it spoils the occasion kicking off your league campaign on a Friday night.

Anyway, we've got a hard game away to Motherwell today, at a 12 noon kickoff (again because of Sky), when the players only got back from Romania, after playing a very demanding game there, at 4.30pm on Thursday!

You guys have got Hibs at home on Sunday - that could be an interesting one... However, I'd expect you to win, as indeed you will most games this season at Ibrox.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Well didnt play well last week, although Livy are a tough nut on their plastic pitch(which really shouldn't be allowed in the high end professional game). Celtic should have too much for them, even if their defence is a "work in progress" Dont expect it to be as easy as St's tho. They have been awful preseason and their manager may be first sacked if it continues.

Hibs have been , like killy a bogey team for us so a win; any win wil be a big boost
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Livy? It's Motherwell we're playing, daftee!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Livy? It's Motherwell we're playing, daftee!

Marco.
    yup i know.. i did say well at beginning.. they drew 0-0 with livy last week
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Ah I missed that, just read it as you talking about Livy. No idea who Motherwell played last week, as out with of Celtic and Rangers, I pay little attention to what the other teams are doing, other than when we're playing them.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

I pay little attention to what the other teams are doing, other than when we're playing them.

Marco.
    Neither do I, yet I knew about last night's game.
    I'm surprised we haven't had some journalistic dickhead getting giddy about Liverpool being top of the table
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Neither do I, yet I knew about last night's game.
    I'm surprised we haven't had some journalistic dickhead getting giddy about Liverpool being top of the table
    Any idea, Chris, how long it's been since all the opening season fixtures in the EPL kicked off at 3pm on a Saturday? I'm curious as to when that stopped.

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 136 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast