Closed Thread
Page 47 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm Grant.

See you drew 1-1 away. Decent result. Rennes are a useful outfit
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yeah, and we should've won. Elyounoussi was inches away from giving us the lead in the first half, and we were denied a stonewall penalty in the second half, before the one we were given and scored from, then Christie could've won if for us in the last minute, but shot wide...

Good performance overall though, especially defensively, where Julien was once again immense, and Forster pulled off a couple of superb saves. Anyway, it's been a good start for both of our teams, so long may it continue!

Marco.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Barker might scare them pace wise
    I wondered where he'd gone.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    I wondered where he'd gone.
    Picked him up pretty cheap from city. Good player and scored last week on debut
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Picked him up pretty cheap from city. Good player and scored last week on debut
    He's a good player.
    I saw quite a bit of him a few years ago, but he struggled a bit adapting to the next level of play, so he got sent out on loan and did the rounds.
    I hope he does well for you.
    Chris

I'm Robin.

Was out tonight unfortunately, just seen the highlights, if we win our home games we will progress, good away point for Celtic, so a decent night for both teams.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Ah, out enjoying yourself hopefully, not working?

Yeah good results last night for our teams. I'd have taken a point in Rennes if you'd given it to me beforehand, and I'm sure Neil Lennon would've. too... The shock result in our group was Cluj beating Lazio at home!

It proves that they're no mugs, and gives some more substance to their 'shock' defeat of Celtic. It's going to be a *very* interesting game when we play them next at Celtic Park....

Btw, Chris, told you you'd beat Shakhtar by a few goals! Forgot to mention it.

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ah, out enjoying yourself hopefully, not working?

Yeah good results last night for our teams. I'd have taken a point in Rennes if you'd given it to me beforehand, and I'm sure Neil Lennon would've. too... The shock result in our group was Cluj beating Lazio at home!

It proves that they're no mugs, and gives some more substance to their 'shock' defeat of Celtic. It's going to be a *very* interesting game when we play them next at Celtic Park....

Btw, Chris, told you you'd beat Shakhtar by a few goals! Forgot to mention it.

Marco.
    They were quick on the break, but fairly toothless at the sharp end.
    Our defence had a quiet night, and they only had one proper breakthrough, which ended up being directed at our keeper instead of either side of him.

Back to the grind - Watford tomorrow.
    Chris

Yup - Norwich was just a 'blip'...

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Family are away to watch man City game tomorrow.. Tickets as it was the oldest birthday. Think they have been before..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Closed Thread
Page 47 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast