Closed Thread
Page 29 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    not sure they start after your fit or just start fit or not
    You'd imagine that bans would start after you're fit, otherwise it's a non-punishment, as you're unable to play anyway when you're injured. It has to be treated as a separate thing,

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    You'd imagine that bans would start after you're fit, otherwise it's a non-punishment, as you're unable to play anyway when you're injured. It has to be treated as a separate thing,

Marco.
    So you have to take a fitness test to see if you can be banned lol.
    Well, maybe I don't know
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Lol... That's not what I meant. If he's injured, he's injured, so banning him from playing while he's unable to play is pointless.

Therefore, he should serve his ban once he's fit again to play. So let him sit out the required amount of matches under the ban then, otherwise he'll only have been punished by his own reckless stupidity!

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Lol... That's not what I meant. If he's injured, he's injured, so banning him from playing while he's unable to play is pointless.

Therefore, he should serve his ban once he's fit again to play. So let him sit out the required amount of matches under the ban then, otherwise he'll only have been punished by his own reckless stupidity!

Marco.
    its same thing tho.. club then say he is fit.. you ban him, but he is not fit.. how do you prove it.. a medical? as I say I dont know answer for sure but i think you just serve ban when unfit...BUT I have asked the question so hope i get an answer today
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Lol - asked whom the question?

Sorry, for me it's simple. The club is told that they cannot play Jordan Jones for the duration of his ban, once he's been declared fit and ready for team selection. The medical staff at Rangers (and Gerrard) will know when that is, the same as they would with any other injured player.

If proof is of his fitness, or otherwise, is required, then the SFA can request to see his medical report. I would object very strongly to him getting away with any proper punishment for his ASSULT on Bauer, simply because the brainless idiot got injured in the process!!

Marco.

I'm Grant.

lots of peculiarities in laws of anything and especially football.your way it could be said he is punished twice.... just depends on viewpoint.

dont see him playing for a while anyways as he has kent, barker and arfield in front of him now.

Was a silly thing to do but as I say a rush of blood can make you do silly things.

Ive asked some friends on our private forum... keeps riff raff out ;lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    lots of peculiarities in laws of anything and especially football.your way it could be said he is punished twice.... just depends on viewpoint.

dont see him playing for a while anyways as he has kent, barker and arfield in front of him now.

Was a silly thing to do but as I say a rush of blood can make you do silly things.

Ive asked some friends on our private forum... keeps riff raff out ;lol
    That as may be, but there's only one LOGICAL way of looking at it.

The injury Jordan Jones sustained from said 'tackle' was entirely self-inflicted, and therefore has nothing to do with any punishment from the SFA he, or any other player, would face in those circumstances, had they NOT been injured in the process.

Therefore, given that fact, *how* is Jones being punished twice by the SFA...??

That logic is akin to a murderer injuring himself badly whilst killing someone, and subsequently being unable to work again because of said injury, then escaping jail for said murder, because it would mean that he was being 'punished twice'...

Interesting about your "private forum"... So is your friend a conclusive voice in such matters -what are his connections with Rangers?

Marco.

I'm Grant.

That as may be, but there's only one LOGICAL way of looking at it. The injury he sustained from said 'tackle' was entirely self-inflicted and therefore has nothing to do with the punishment from the SFA he, or any other player, would face in those circumstances, had they not been injured in the process.

Therefore, *how* is he being punished twice by the SFA...??

Interesting about your "private forum"... So is your friend a conclusive voice in such matters -what are his connections with Rangers?

Marco.
    There are a few only on the site. a mate started it for us only. its not on the web as he didnt want members. only a handful but we all kinda think similar... decent types one of them is well versed in rule book so he may know answer..might not as although im sure its happened before its probably not all that common a situation.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

See the edit I've made to my last post about the mangled logic!

Moreover, if the viewpoint you've stated is taken and becomes actuality, it would set a very dangerous precedent, by sending out the message to other players that it's ok to physically assault someone on the football field, as you'll get away with being banned, if you subsequently injure yourself badly...

That simply cannot be how it is.

Noted on the private forum. Sounds like fun. It will certainly be interesting to see what he says, and more importantly what *actually happens* to Jones, in respect of his ban. I'll be following that one closely.

Marco.

I'm Grant.

See the edit I've made to my last post about the mangled logic!

Noted, no worries, sounds like fun. It will certainly be interesting to see what he says, and more importantly what *actually happens* to Jones, in respect of his ban. I'll be following that one closely.

Marco.
    Its a nice relaxed site where we just banter.. a bit like the mod room the guy who runs it has a lot of web interests apparently so just does this for his own enjoyment.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Closed Thread