Closed Thread
Page 21 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Ok, I watched the game with my dad, who's not really a Celtic fan - he just likes a good, clean and skilful game of football. We both agreed with you in that if was a rather scrappy match overall, and that the passing of the Rangers players was woeful! So what happened to them, I wonder, as before this game they'd been great in that department?

However, right from the off, Celtic were clearly the more determined and resolute team (they obviously wanted it more) and set out to press and frustrate Rangers, by denying them any space or time on the ball, nullifying any threat they had in the process, and it worked a treat, as Defoe was starved of service, and Forster hardly had a save to make throughout the whole match...

Indeed, Rangers only had one shot on target during the whole game, which proved how effective Celtic's tactics were. They huffed and puffed, but lacked penetration and never really posed a threat to the makeshift Celtic defence, and indeed had it not been for McGregor, who pulled off great saves from Julien and Ntcham, Celtic would've won by 3 or 4, so whilst Celtic were far from at their best, I can't agree that they were poor.

They controlled the game, pretty much from the off, and were more threatening than Rangers going forward, plus much more of an organised unit. The most pleasing thing for me though was the performance of players such as Julien and Bolingoli, who beforehand had been slaughtered by the press/media and some of the Celtic fans. Both sailed through the game and had very confident and commanding performances, particularly Julien, who cleared almost everything that Rangers threw into the box, and won man of the match.

It was a close call for that between him and Edouard, who once again, like Dembele before him did, showed his class and that he is a big game player. He took his goal brilliantly. I firmly believe that Julien and Bolingoli will go onto do a great job for Celtic, along with El Hamed, who also looks the part, as does Bauer. One criticism I'd aim at Lennon, however, is his treatment of Craig Gordon, who hasn't put a foot wrong, and indeed has been playing superbly, but has been unceremoniously dumped for Forster!

Yes Forster is quality, and last time he was at Celtic did a superb job, but right now I don't see him as being any better than Gordon, and I dislike 'old pals acts' I just hope Lennon can keep Gordon happy. as we still need him as a quality back-up, because I don't think that Bain is as good as some think. Plus, no goal again against Celtic for Morelos... He's undoubtedly a very good striker, but he'll never go down as a Rangers hero or true great until he breaks his Celtic duck!

Pound-for-pound, I still think that Edouard is the better player and the more likely to get you a vital goal in the biggest games. The referee I thought had a good game, and tried his best to be realistically lenient and let the game flow, so if that's what you meant Robin by "interesting", then fair enough. What about the disgraceful tackle though by Jordan Jones on Bauer?

[Once clicked, you'll need to follow the link to YT, as it won't auto-play from here].

That was ridiculous and could've been a leg-breaker!! Gerrard shook his head in disbelief when it happened, and no wonder, as that's another one of his players who clearly has discipline issues and been sent off in a game against Celtic, so Rangers will now be missing him through suspension, when things start up again after the international break.

All in all it was a great result for us, but I'm certainly not getting carried away. Like Grant says, there's a LONG way to go!

However, it'll be interesting to see how Rangers bounce back after this defeat. Their home game against Livingston should provide the platform for that, and of course I'm sure that they'll be all out for revenge in the next Old Firm encounter at Celtic Park, where they'll no doubt be trying to do to Celtic, what Celtic did to them.

It's been a good season so far, and I'm certain that there are still plenty more thrills and spills to come!

Marco.

Robin, Grant, any thoughts on this?

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Robin, Grant, any thoughts on this?

Marco.
    not much. ive not seen any of it. i did hear through grapevine that jones injury was caused by the celtic player hence his rediculous assault. i may get a chance to see it later today, but may not bother; we were so off the pace of it its maybe not worth it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i did hear through grapevine that jones injury was caused by the celtic player hence his rediculous assault.
    I didn't see Bauer doing anything to Jones, certainly not deliberately, so there was no excuse whatsoever for that type of retaliation. Morelos behaved himself impeccably yesterday, and on that evidence you're right, he is a changed man. Let's hope he's not now being replaced by another out of control hothead!

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Nope. I here wanyama is heading back to your lot
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Interesting, I thought that was off... Would like to see the Greg Taylor one finalised today, too.

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Think a fair chance both will get over line. Doubt we will get any more after yesterday....which will be a huge mistake by the board.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

As I said Marco, it was a poor game, Rangers went with the same tactics as the previous meeting but it was clear from very early on that it was not going to work this time round. I watched the game with my son who was at the game on Thursday night and couldn’t believe what he was watching it was night and day away from Thursday night.
    As I said Celtic were the better team and deserved to win.
    The referee decided not to flash cards around early on which meant there were a couple of lucky players, the Jordon Jones tackle was rightly a red card, the first yellow was 70 minutes into the game.
    I just hope the Rangers players and Manager learn from the experience.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

The problem we have at moment is we have no width now.. Jones was all we had and he is out... ojo isnt width as he just cuts inside. McPake, Middleton and appartently Hastie all not good enough and sent out on loan. nothing coming in so where are we? watching turgid footy for most of season...Barring spending cash on a defender we dont seem to want to play we havent spent anything....
    guess where the title is going?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The problem we have at moment is we have no width now.. Jones was all we had and he is out... ojo isnt width as he just cuts inside. McPake, Middleton and appartently Hastie all not good enough and sent out on loan. nothing coming in so where are we? watching turgid footy for most of season...Barring spending cash on a defender we dont seem to want to play we havent spent anything....
    guess where the title is going?
    You could be right Grant, that was the main problem yesterday no width in the team until Jones came on. If you are going to play everything through the middle, you need someone to play the killer ball. The first goal although Goldson gave the ball away it was the pass from Ryan Christie that made the goal.
    The goal on Thursday night came from a cross from Jones.
    Well they have a couple weeks to think about it with the International break. Still time to go to the market today but don’t think it will happen. Unlike Celtic who are on a signing spree.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Closed Thread