Closed Thread
Page 20 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Only place he's been any good is Celtic and thats because perhaps they have a big budget in a smallish league....
    Hibs? Didn't do too shabby there... And with respect, the very same could be said of Walter Smith, with Rangers!

Actually, in that respect, I think the comparisons between them are uncanny, especially in terms of both being DIEHARD Celtic or Rangers men. IMO, Lennon is for Celtic what Smith was for Rangers. And when he's been in charge of Celtic for long enough, will go onto prove it.

He isnt a bad manager, but perhaps a bit old styled. Rogers is a better coach imo, or at least a better coach for better players...
    Book is still out on him this time around. I might add the book is still out on SG as well. He has done fairly well for a newbie, but its not the going gets tougher, so again time will tell... He does attract good players tho being who he is.
    In terms of the first bit, I can sort of see where you're coming from, but of course all I care about is how successful he is at Celtic. Anything else is immaterial. Among other things, Cluj game at Parkhead aside, I think he's a more astute tactician than Rodgers, who for me was too rigid with his system, subsequently often making Celtic too predictable.

SG will go onto become an excellent manager, of that I have no doubt, but he's still learning, and today Lennon's greater guile and experience in these fixtures paid dividends. Your last point I think is spot on, because based on this evidence, especially when Celtic have all of their players fit and newbies properly bedded in, Rangers have still got a bit to go, to close the gap.

More later on our (heavily slated) 'dodgy defence'!

Marco.

I'm Robin.

It’s only 1 September, the league was not won or lost today, but if Rangers play like that again they’ll win nothing.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

Indeed robin. A long way to go
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Rangers were well off it today, the first goal, which was well taken came from a Rangers error and the second came when Rangers were chasing an equaliser, the better team won but to be honest they were both poor.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

Not seen it. Might be on rtv tomorrow.
    Of games hold little Interest to me. Far too much hysteria.
    I'm more into the sport than the fan side.
    Probably why I've always been into the kids game and the reserves etc. More sport and better behaviour. Lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Rangers were well off it today, the first goal, which was well taken came from a Rangers error and the second came when Rangers were chasing an equaliser, the better team won but to be honest they were both poor.
    Lol - that's not what's being reported in the media (various TV stations) or on the radio phone-ins, from both Celtic and Rangers fans and pundits, which I've just been listening to... Apparently, Celtic were superb and bossed the game near enough from start to finish, and if it hadn't been for McGregor, it could've been more! Plus, the much-slated Celtic defence played a blinder...

Anyway, I'll give my honest opinion, as I always do, later once I've watched the game

Marco.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - that's not what's being reported in the media (various TV stations) or on the radio phone-ins, from both Celtic and Rangers fans and pundits, which I've just been listening to... Apparently, Celtic were superb and bossed the game near enough from start to finish! Plus, the much-slated defence played a blinder...

Anyway, I'll give my honest opinion, as I always do, later once I've watched the game

Marco.
    Everyone will have an opinion Marco, but if you can’t pass the ball to a teammate, then the opposition will look good. The referee also had an interesting game.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Everyone will have an opinion Marco, but if you can’t pass the ball to a teammate, then the opposition will look good. The referee also had an interesting game.
    So that's Celtic's fault how? You can only beat what's put in front of you. And come on, as a Rangers fan, you're not seriously going to play the biased ref card, are you?

Robin, you're normally such a sensible, objective and level-headed guy, when it comes to football, and you know I like you, but I have to be honest and say that your summary of this game is diametrically opposed to that of anyone else I've heard, and sadly is coming across as that of a sore loser, which really isn't like you.

Sorry mate, but I can only tell it as ai see it

Marco.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    So that's Celtic's fault how? You can only beat what's put in front of you. And come on, as a Rangers fan, you're not seriously going to play the biased ref card, are you?

Robin, you're normally such an objective level-headed guy, when it comes to football, and you know I like you, but I have to be honest and say that your summary of this game is diametrically opposed to that of anyone else I've heard, and sadly is coming across as that of a sore loser - and which really isn't like you.

Sorry mate, but I can only tell it as ai see it

Marco.
    I think you are misreading, I have clearly stated that the better team won. I also said the referee had an interesting game I didn’t say he had a bad one or was too blame. At half time the two pundits Kris Boyd and Kris Commons , one thought there should be 1 red and 1 yellow the other thought 2 yellows but there were none.
    I have stated in my opinion it was a poor game and stand by that.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

Fair enough, but I stand by my reading of your mood

I'll let you know what I think of the game later, and if I agree with you, I'll definitely say!

Marco.

Closed Thread