Closed Thread
Page 19 of 136 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm Grant.

Early days I think. They have nucleus of a decent team. Levein is wily I guess. Nice man actually, but a pro at being smart like most managers.
    He is very much under pressure but only from the fans at moment. Get a few injured players back they will be fine.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Good luck Marco but hope you don't win I wont be watching alas.... interesting teams.. SG going for through the middle by looks of it.. I expected Defoe to play so not shocked by him in
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Really poor game so far
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

Back to bad news I see.. Oh well, Probably deserved it. Well done Marco
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Cheers, mate. I haven't watched the game yet, so will comment (in some detail) later once I have.

All I will say for now, is that I was right: the team that wanted it more, won. Last time in this fixture, it was Rangers. This time it was Celtic.

Plus, I remember having a conversation with Robin last season, when Lennon was appointed, and him saying that he was a "downgrade", compared with Brendan Rodgers, and moreover that his Celtic season ticket-holding friend agreed and had major doubts - and I vehemently disagreed...

Remember, Robin? Cluj game aside (and there were valid reasons for what happened there), what do you think about Lennon now?

I said, quite categorically, when Lennon was appointed, that he was the *ideal* man for the job, and NOTHING I've seen so far, either last season with him helping Celtic to secure the Treble-Treble, including a cup final win, or this season, Cluj game aside, has changed my mind!

Thoughts?

Marco.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Cheers, mate. I haven't watched the game yet, so will comment (in some detail) later once I have.

All I will say for now, is that I was right: the team that wanted it more, won. Last time in this fixture, it was Rangers. This time it was Celtic.

Plus, I remember having a conversation with Robin last season, when Lennon was appointed, and him saying that he was a "downgrade", compared with Brendan Rodgers, and moreover that his Celtic season ticket-holding friend agreed and had major doubts - and I vehemently disagreed...

Remember, Robin? Cluj game aside (and there were valid reasons for what happened there), what do you think about Lennon now?

I said, quite categorically, when Lennon was appointed, that he was the *ideal* man for the job, and NOTHING I've seen so far, either last season in helping Celtic to secure the Treble-Treble, including a cup final win, or this season, Cluj game aside, has changed my mind!

Thoughts?

Marco.
    My opinion of Lennon hasn't changed it was a poor game and Rangers were awful and too be honest if it was any other game I would have turned it off. The better won. The only Rangers player who have pass marks today would be the keeper and if we play like that in Europe we will get hammered.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    My opinion of Lennon hasn't changed...
    Interesting... Why is that though, especially in the face of, IMO, overwhelming evidence/facts (so far), that both your Celtic friend and you were wrong about him, and I say that with the greatest of respect? Maybe it's too soon after the game, as you'll naturally still be hurting, to be rational? I get that.

Or maybe it's simply a case of Rangers fans hating Neil Lennon, for what/who he is, regardless of his undeniable success and laudable achievements to date, as a manager.....

IMO however, Lennon will go onto prove that he's a better manager than Rodgers was - and he's already started doing that, not just at home, but in Europe. As good as Rodgers was, he NEVER achieved a 6-1 aggregate victory against any team in Europe, and which included a 4-1 away victory. Plus Celtic are playing the best, most attacking football, both in the SPL and in Europe, which I've seen for YEARS!

Anyway, I'll comment more later

Marco.

I'm Grant.

he isnt as good a manager as rodgers but he is what they want and some say need going for 9 and 10. he may be able to do it, only time will tell. its up to rangers to do something about it and imo their signings havent been enough this year
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    he isnt as good a manager as rodgers...
    I'm curious though, in precisely what way? Give me some *specifics*, backed up by facts. I just don't see it

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Only place he's been any good is Celtic and thats because perhaps they have a big budget in a smallish league. He isnt a bad manager, but perhaps a bit old styled. Rogers is a better coach imo, or at least a better coach for better players...
    Book is still out on him this time around. I might add the book is still out on SG as well. He has done fairly well for a newbie, but its not the going gets tougher, so again time will tell... He does attract good players tho being who he is.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Closed Thread