Closed Thread
Page 17 of 136 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm Grant.

Yup rangers group is alas the hardest. Porto are ranked 16. The other 2 in our group, I think are both higher than celtic who are no 2 seeds. But that's from a few years ago successes. Porto got to quarters of cl last year I'm sure, but got beat by a lesser side this year, so rankings are not everything
    Good luck to both

But, after saying that rankings mean nowt sometimes.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Absolutely, and on their day, both Celtic and Rangers are capable of beating *anyone* at home, so it's crucial that both of them win as many points at home as possible and make their grounds a fortress. Rangers look particularly strong at home this season and also solid defensively, so I'd expect them to win most of their games at Ibrox.

Which brings us to tomorrow's game.... Any predictions?

With our defensive woes, of various descriptions, I can't see us getting any more than a point, and Rangers may well win... However, we'll probably score, as we have been of late, so I'll go for a 2-2 draw!

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Absolutely, and on their day, both Celtic and Rangers are capable of beating *anyone* at home, so it's crucial that both of them win as many points at home as possible and make their grounds a fortress. Rangers look particularly strong at home this season and also solid defensively, so I'd expect them to win most of their games at Ibrox.

Which brings us to tomorrow's game.... Any predictions?

With our defensive woes, of various descriptions, I can't see us getting any more than a point, and Rangers may well win... However, we'll probably score, as we have been of late, so I'll go for a 2-2 draw!

Marco.
    open minded tbh. it might be a good one or a bore fest. your defence seems to have improved of late. fancy us to win it if pushed for an answer but tbh it could go either way. you cant really predict old firm games, especially when both sides are playing well
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Yeah, that's kind of how I see it. However I think it'll largely hinge on how well Celtic's makeshift defence and newbies among them cope with the pressure they'll be put under.

Rangers are rightly favourites, as they're bang on form and at home, but as usual in these games, it'll come down to who wants it most and how influential the key players are on both sides, and both have potential match winners throughout.

Plus, also how disciplined both sets of players are, and so which team manages to keep 11 players on the pitch! Let's hope that the likes of Brown and Morelos behave themselves.

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Alf has been a changed man this season so far so hope so. Not that I think he will deffo play. may be Defoe.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

my grandson is going to be playing at half time at the hearts game at Tynecastle this afternoon... hes dead excited ...hes playing at moment with his boys club in pouring rain..lol mum is pissed off lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

This guy's gonna be real quality, I think: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49531965

Very pleased with that one, as he's a major goal threat. Looks then like Scotty Sinclair's Celtic career is now over. Not to worry, he's been a great servant to us

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    my grandson is going to be playing at half time at the hearts game at Tynecastle this afternoon... hes dead excited ...hes playing at moment with his boys club in pouring rain..lol mum is pissed off lol
    Nice one, mate. Bet he's excited! Hope he has a lovely day. If you can, post some pics later

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Nice one, mate. Bet he's excited! Hope he has a lovely day. If you can, post some pics later

Marco.
    yup hoping to get some. just have to wait see.... dunno how close parents will get
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Hope he enjoys himself at Tynecastle, when I was young played Saturday morning and afternoon every week.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Closed Thread