Closed Thread
Page 110 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1354

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thanks for your thoughts, guys. I'll comment properly later, particularly on what Grant's written.

I think it's important to discuss your team's performances [and drill down into the details] when things *aren't* going well, as much as when they are. I get the feeling sometimes on this thread that everyone runs for the hills and hides when their team loses or aren't doing well [where has Chris been for example, discussing Man City...?]

Nowhere to be seen, just because Liverpool are running away with the title... For me, that's not being a true fan. There's still plenty to discuss. Sorry, Chris, but it needed saying! You're the OP of this thread too, so I'd have hoped to have seen more from you...

On a side note, until I comment further, does Neil Lennon deserve some praise now for the way Celtic have been playing and the results they've achieved, especially in terms of changing the system now to 3-5-2, and playing Griffiths and Edouard up front? If you remember, I said from day one that Lennon was the ideal man for the job, and I'm being proven right (not that the season is over yet, though). Brendan Rodgers, who?

Robin, has your (misguided) Celtic supporting/anti-Lennon neighbour seen the light yet?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Guess it's if celtic fans are happy with him..
    They weren't after the old firm game. Lol.
    It's always same, your as bad as your last defeat
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Guess it's if celtic fans are happy with him..
    They weren't after the old firm game. Lol.
    It's always same, your as bad as your last defeat
    Not me! I have the brains to look at the bigger picture

Also, if I recall correctly mate, you were critical of Lennon when he was appointed, considered him as a 'downgrade' on Rodgers, and believed that his appointment would be to Rangers advantage. Has that panned out then so far? You can't escape the facts:

Celtic are playing the best football since BR's first season in charge; arguably better, and running over the top of teams, scoring a barrowload of goals in the process. Lennon has won every available trophy since BR's departure and is now on the way to winning us 9 in a row [although I don't believe that the title race is over yet], and also Celtic won their Europa League group with a game to spare, and in the process defeating a highly regarded team from Serie A, home and away - something BR never achieved.

Therefore, only the most blinkered and misguided person could possibly not acknowledge that Celtic's appointment of Lennon has, so far, been a huge success - and *if* at the end of the season Celtic have won another treble, even a double, then I'd like his critics here to be willing to stand up and wear some egg on their coupons!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

I think I said I could see why they went for him, but he is a downgrade on Rogers, no doubt about it.
    I don't see what's wrong with that opinion.
    Tbh Rogers wasn't supported as well as he could have been considering where celtic were.
    As I say celtic have done well since the break and are at top and clear because they did and rangers didn't. Most of that tho is the players themselves on both sides.
    You take the pats on back, then accept the kick in pants to... And vis a vie.
    Much has been said re Gérards lack of plan b, but you really shouldn't need a plan b ve hearts, Killy etc. Our players are much better, but are not performing. Why, I've no idea tbh.
    Answer that and the team could be playing well again.
    1. They are pissed with manager.
    Or 2. They are lazy conceited bassas
    Last edited by struth; 13-02-2020 at 21:34.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I think I said I could see why they went for him, but he is a downgrade on Rogers, no doubt about it.
    No doubt how?

Purely as a *Celtic manager*, not in terms of a manager in general, show me the evidence, in terms of results, that confirms that Lennon is a downgrade on Rodgers - and I'd like to see some indisputable statistics in black and white, which confirm your view, not simply a statement of your subjective opinion.

Ta. I'll get to the rest later

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Ah I didn't say "celtic manager" I said manager.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Indeed, and that's the whole point, mate.

I'm talking *purely* about him as a Celtic manager. When BR left Celtic and Lennon got the job, I said at the time that he was the best man for the job, and for getting us to 10-in-a-row, and I distinctly remember both you and Robin, but particularly Robin, saying that he was a downgrade on Rodgers (as a Celtic manager), and that Lennon's appointment would be a boost to Rangers.

Do you remember that? If so, can we now agree that *purely as a Celtic manager*, Lennon has most certainly NOT been a downgrade? Indeed, arguably, backed by very good evidence, in terms of his results, he could be considered as an UPGRADE.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Don't think I can agree he's been an upgrade. Last season he didn't have to do much but what he did was enough.
    This season was initially up and down, although did well in Europe. He's turned corner well tho now, but as I said he has been given a lot of money by Scottish standards, plus he was handed a lot of very good players too.

I've nowt against him and he is a good manager, although perhaps a bit too old school.
    As I've said before, as much as 10 fascinates you and many others it means nowt to me, and u know why.
    So can we end this, let's all say Marco was right stuff
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Don't think I can agree he's been an upgrade. Last season he didn't have to do much but what he did was enough.
    This season was initially up and down, although did well in Europe. He's turned corner well tho now, but as I said he has been given a lot of money by Scottish standards, plus he was handed a lot of very good players too.

I've nowt against him and he is a good manager, although perhaps a bit too old school.
    As I've said before, as much as 10 fascinates you and many others it means nowt to me, and u know why.
    So can we end this, let's all say Marco was right stuff
    Lol... That's not what this is about. It's about acknowledging the facts, and not allowing your biases to cloud reality, and btw, let me be clear, I'm not saying that you are doing that. One of my pet hates though, are folk who dislike someone (for whatever reason) stubbornly refusing to acknowledge/give credit to that person for the successes they've achieved, simply because they 'don't like them', and that's it.

It's irrational and stupid behaviour, and it annoys me in the extreme.

However, going back to what you were saying earlier about referees and the SFA... If the anti-Rangers bias you're stating is correct (and there's no real way of proving that), then all I can say is that something drastic must've happened inside the SFA and refereeing associations since the the 90s and before, as back then they were mostly all biased against Celtic, and so as many instances as you can cite happening now of Rangers suffering because of bias, I could give you far more that Celtic have suffered in the past, trust me!

So for me it's swings and roundabouts. I don't condone any such bias though, should it exist, and I also think much of the poor refereeing decisions Rangers (and many other teams) have suffered from this season, has been due to incompetence, rather than anything underhand. We really need to do something to improve the standard of refereeing in this country, as iquite frankly, it's atrocious.

In terms of your "I'm out" comment earlier, you're of course entitled to do what you like, but IMHO you shouldn't be giving up on your team and/or no longer posting here about this season, simply because of a few bad results or refereeing decisions.

Tell me the truth, if I hadn't prompted your comments, would Robin and you have swept last night's league results under the carpet, and then simply reappeared after the next Rangers win?

Remember, I was the first on here to congratulate you guys when Rangers beat us at home, before the winter break, and whenever Celtic lose or play badly, I'm on here analysing the reasons for that and criticising the players and/or manager, and as I say, 'drilling down into the details' of it all. I'd like to see a bit more of that from others here, rather than stroppy comments such as "I'm out", or only surfacing when something good happens.

I'm just being honest and saying what I think, so please don't take it the wrong way

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

I've said before I was finished with Scottish football. It's corrupt.
    Couldn't care less if rangers go on and win league or not fit that matter. I won't be ascociating myself with cheating, and never have.
    This has nothing to do with rangers poor form. That's kinda expected yet, as they are young side and all fairly inexperienced. 2/3 years ago they had a Sunday league squad.
    I followed rangers due to Mr struth guiding attitudes of honest endeavour.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Closed Thread