Closed Thread
Page 109 of 136 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1354

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Course not, hence the smiley!

In terms of Aberdeen, however, I think it's mostly in your head, as McInnes isn't the type of manager to put his team out not to try against anyone.

Yes, they raise their game against Rangers, but so do all other teams against both sides of the old firm, as a) they like to test themselves against the best players in the country, and b) the pressure's off, as they see it as a 'free hit' because they're not expected to get anything from the game.

It's not surprising, therefore, that the attitudes of Aberdeen players or those of any other team outside of the old firm, change when playing lesser opposition, as it's harder to get yourself up for the game. Celtic face the exact same thing, in terms of teams raising their game against them, perhaps even more because everyone wants to beat the champions!

As for Morelos, for me his head's not in the right place since he's returned from his recent suspension, and there was all that stuff about the translation of his interview on Sky Sports about racist remarks aimed at him. To me, he just doesn't seem fully focussed at the moment, but I'll probably be proven wrong and he'll end up scoring a hat-trick against Hamilton!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robin.

Only seen the brief highlights of both games, Celtic are playing really just now, and I think Morelos will be fine (hopefully). As for referees no comment no consistency but that also the case down south.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Good 4-1 cup win today, lads, against Hamilton... That should see you nicely back on track!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

just in.. forgot about it tbh.. better than i hoped for i guess. popped out to tesco for a few extras and got back just as the weather is breaking badly.. wind is brutally cold ... Spent my Tesco token that popped through post on a litre of Tamnavulin Sherry cask cost me £4...lol it'll be youngish but it had a 45 quid original price, reduced to 30 and I had 26 of vouchers
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Decent 3-0 win away in the cup, with a second-string side against Clyde. Good goal from Bayo, which will hopefully give his confidence a boost. I'd like to see more of this boy, as I think he's class. Shved also got a run out, and again this guy looks like a real player. Just needs more games!

So the draw for the next round (last eight) sees us playing St Johnstone away, and you guys away at Hearts

Marco.
    Main System

No comment on the footy last night, chaps?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

told ya, im out... Fed up with the shit tbh.. It was not unexpected from where i sit. Your side is playing very well and deserve their lead and next title. It was over a couple of games ago tho.

wouldnt surprise me if SG leaves at end of season. he wont be sacked tho
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Fed up with the shit tbh.. It was not unexpected from where i sit.
    Sorry, mate, could you expand on that?

Not really sure what you mean by "the shit"...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sorry, mate, could you expand on that?

Not really sure what you mean by "the shit"...

Marco.
    the 2 bits are unrelated.. the shit is the press hounding and refs and sfa too... dont get me wrong its not all that but you saw it again last night with killy players getting away with stuff and poor calls etc. it happens every game now.
    as to not unexpected; that was the result and performance. Players left parkhead thinking they had won something other than a game and have just farted about while your guys dusted themselves down and came again.
    Gerrard, is a novice I know but his decision making with a side with players that are not at his level is not great..

overall its a crap scenario and not oneim interested in until the playing field is level . the refs, i think you have to admit have been at very least(and this is being kind) poor... well biased would be a better word.
    I bet if what we had to put up with happened to your side there would be an outcry but the press are only interested in kicking rangers.
    interesting from afar but as i say, im out. and thats not to take anything away from Celtic who have got their deserts by playing well. we havent
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Bottom line Celtic have been playing well since the winter break and Rangers haven’t. As Grant has said Gerrard is still learning but he has plenty of staff, too many errors.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Closed Thread