Closed Thread
Page 107 of 136 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1354

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Good result, but we had to work very hard for the three points, and coming back from going 1-0 down. Hamilton deserve huge credit though for making things as difficult for us as possible and fighting hard to keep things at 1-1.

The match completely changed though when Hamilton (rightfully) went down to 10-men, after Griffiths was pulled down on the edge of the box - and what a free kick and resultant goal from Edouard! He really showed his class today, with some lovely close-control and positional awareness. This guy has what it takes to become a world-class striker and will go onto do big things in one of the top leagues, as he has all the necessary tools.

However, he should've had a hat-trick, as he missed an absolute sitter in the second half, but showed great unselfishness to slide the ball through to Forrest for the forth goal. Griffiths also played well and showed some neat touches, winning the free kick in the first half that led to Celtic's equaliser, although he's still not at 100%. That'll come though in the coming weeks. He was however lucky not to get a red card for a clear stamp on a Hamilton player, after reacting badly to his tackle.

Lennon's second-half substitutions were pivotal, bringing on Christie and Rogic, the latter who set up Edouard for his second, and in the end were what won Celtic the match, once Hamilton had tired and they had the chance to exploit the space that was created, and could've gone on to win by five or six. Still, it was a very important three points, which I can't help be feel could be crucial in this tense title race.

I'll comment on the Rangers/Aberdeen game later

Marco.
    Thought Hamilton did well especially after going down to 10 men, with Celtic eventually getting the goals that their pressure deserved, although it might have been totally different if Griffiths had been sent off for the stamp.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Definitely, Robin. You wonder what would've happened had it been Morelos?

Griffo needs to temper his petulant side (retaliation like that and tape throwing, etc), otherwise he could find himself out of the team, as Lennon's big on discipline and risking losing players through suspension.

Still, it was a vital three points, and onto now what will be another difficult away game on Wednesday at Motherwell!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Definitely, Robin. You wonder what would've happened had it been Morelos?

Griffo needs to temper his petulant side (retaliation like that and tape throwing, etc), otherwise he could find himself out of the team, as Lennon's big on discipline and risking losing players through suspension.

Still, it was a vital three points, and onto now what will be another difficult away game on Wednesday at Motherwell!

Marco.
    No doubt about it, if that was Morelos it would have been red.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

Any thoughts on that, Granty, and on both games in general?

The other little 'titbit' I discovered is that the four goals Celtic scored has taken them to the top of the European scoring charts. No team in Europe has scored more goals...

Plus, in terms of the EPL, with Man City losing 2-0 away to Spurs, any faint flicker of hope of them winning the title has finally been extinguished, as they're now 22 points behind Liverpool, with both teams having played the same amount of games.

For me, it's now about how much of a record Liverpool can set in terms of the points total with which they will eventually win the title. All in all then, a good day's results!

Marco.

P.S I'm actually going to tip Leicester to finish second!
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Sorry, I never followed either game.
    Will try and have a look later.
    I said earlier Imo, the league is staying at East Side.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Here are highlights of the Celtic one then, if you want to watch some decent football: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51343440

Marco.
    Main System

Any views on tonight's games, chaps?

On paper, Celtic have the tougher task away at Motherwell. No guarantee of three points there... And Hibs I'm sure will give you a good game at Ibrox, however by the end of the evening I'm predicting a resounding Rangers win [as I'm certain that the team will be fired up and respond well to all the criticism they've received], and the title race still on!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

expect celtic to win.. rangers, well depends if we turn up... no confidence to predict a win alas. would like to see hagi on from start
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Being a half glass full type of person, I think we will win tonight and I think Celtic will be too strong for Motherwell.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Robin.

A few changes to the Rangers team tonight, hoping for the best.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

Closed Thread