Closed Thread
Page 45 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Ha.... Surprised that Norwich have spent so little, TBH, as quite a few clubs in the Championship [where they've just come from] have spent big money. Heck, Celtic's first team is worth considerably more!

Not to worry, that'll change when the Premiership millions start rolling in

Marco.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Read this interesting stat earlier on the BBC about Norwich V Man City (not that I'll keep harping on about the match for the next ten years, honest! ) - "Farke's starting line-up cost the princely sum of £6.45m while the champions were assembled at a cost of £406.1m." That really does underline the "David vs. Goliath" result. OK, promise I'll say no more now!
    It took you long enough to get round to mentioning that. Thanks for sweet FA
    I have a question - how come your lot have so many injured players so early in the season?
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ha.... Surprised that Norwich have spent so little, TBH, as quite a few clubs in the Championship [where they've just come from] have spent big money.
    Norwich are a club with no debt - I think that's Delia's doing - and as one of the "yo-yo" clubs, (we'll be the worst ever if we go down this season - for the record of being relegated five times) I think the board won't gamble on borrowing millions when we get promoted - and rightly so in my opinion, though you could argue that if we spend some dosh we'll stay up, but history has shown with other clubs that is a big gamble... Yes, you get the parachute payments, but unless you get back up straight away the wage bills will be crippling.

My biggest worry isn't so much the players we've lost (Maddison, Brady, Redmond to name the top 3) which we need to sell to keep afloat, but more so for what the future will hold - Pukki, obviously, will be a target - and others - but the manager too with what he's achieved will be on more than a few watchlists I would expect...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    how come your lot have so many injured players so early in the season?
    I just think it is down to bad luck, I guess when you have a relatively small squad the chances are higher, but I don't think there's a specific reason.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I just think it is down to bad luck, I guess when you have a relatively small squad the chances are higher, but I don't think there's a specific reason.
    I think it could be tied up with your reply to Marco.
    When you play City, it's not just 11 players on the field.
    The medics, the physios, the analysts, all of the support staff, that's who you're taking on.
    You're talking a lot of people.
    That we're successful is not left to chance.
    Sometimes you come unstuck.

City actually have quite a small playing squad too, which is how Guardiola likes it.
    Chris

I think it could be tied up with your reply to Marco.
    When you play City, it's not just 11 players on the field.
    The medics, the physios, the analysts, all of the support staff, that's who you're taking on.
    You're talking a lot of people.
    That we're successful is not left to chance.
    Sometimes you come unstuck.

City actually have quite a small playing squad too, which is how Guardiola likes it.
    Never really thought about that Chris, but makes a lot of sense. When you're a minnow, you don't realise the extra that goes into the success of a big club. Norwich just don't have the global support or glamour - but having said that, neither did Man City 20 years ago? So these things can change, but being situated in England's cul-de-sac doesn't help us.

Just watched MOTD2 and fabulous montage of Delia's "Let's be havin' you" half-time rally when you beat us despite her best efforts - seeing it again she'd definitely been taking too many sniffs of the cooking sherry!
    Alex

Never really thought about that Chris, but makes a lot of sense. When you're a minnow, you don't realise the extra that goes into the success of a big club. Norwich just don't have the global support or glamour - but having said that, neither did Man City 20 years ago? So these things can change, but being situated in England's cul-de-sac doesn't help us.

Just watched MOTD2 and fabulous montage of Delia's "Let's be havin' you" half-time rally when you beat us despite her best efforts - seeing it again she'd definitely been taking too many sniffs of the cooking sherry!
    I don't anyone at City realised how much more was required to scale the heights.
    The Sheik did, and went and put resources in place to do what was required.
    It's just over 11 years since the takeover, and things have changed enormously, and changed very much for the better.

It has been an interesting, enjoyable, and occasionally frustrating ride.
    You scale the heights, get the odd reality check slap down, pick yourself up, and carry on getting on with it.
    Long may it continue

Delia is a star
    Chris

A Manchester City fan walks into a travel agent and asks which short breaks does the agent recommend.
    Travel agent replies "The Canaries can't be beaten at this time of year"
    Chris

A Manchester City fan walks into a travel agent and asks which short breaks does the agent recommend.
    Travel agent replies "The Canaries can't be beaten at this time of year"
    Love it! Good grace in defeat, as was your manager.

Still, all reset and we all go again next week. Onwards and upwards!
    Alex

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Good luck to all the British teams playing tonight in Europe, particularly Rangers and Celtic. We've got a tough match in Rennes, but I'm hopeful we can get at least a point.

I think Rangers will beat Feyenoord, and do it for Fernando. RIP and God bless.

Come on lads!

Marco.

Closed Thread
Page 45 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast