Closed Thread
Page 81 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Time will tell Marco, we scored 5 today with only 1 by Morelos, so we will see what happens. We only really the two strikers just now, although Celtic played again without a recognized striker again for most of the game today.
    And don't forget that one of them was an own goal. Plus two of the others were scored by a sub who's rarely featured in your starting 11...

My point is that, right now, I don't think Rangers have enough strength in depth or, Morelos aside, goals throughout their team to win the title - unless they make good use of the January transfer window (and better than we do), *but* in one-off cup games, such as the final next Sunday, are easily good enough to beat Celtic.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    And don't forget that one of them was an own goal. Plus two of the others were scored by a sub who's rarely featured in your starting 11...

My point is that, right now, I don't think Rangers have enough strength in depth or, Morelos aside, goals throughout their team to win the title - unless they make good use of the January transfer window (and better than we do), *but* in one-off cup games, such as the final next Sunday, are easily good enough to beat Celtic.

Marco.
    Hard to call but Celtic have to be strong favs. Their record demands it.
    Personally I'm not overly bothered but I know most fans are.
    Tbh I'm more looking forward to the future. With the decent squad we have, plus we will build on it, but our youth at moment are winning all the time and by big margins, or beating mens teams.
    It warms the heart, being always keen on the youth an d reserve sides etc.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Default Midweek SPL results: Aberdeen 2 Rangers 2 / Celtic 2 Hamilton 1

Watched the Rangers game, and while they dominated the first 40 mins and should've been 3-4 up, when Aberdeen scored a lucky goal out of nowhere just before half-time, Rangers lost their way in the second half, and when Aberdeen equalised with a well-worked goal, they became very nervy.

Whilst Rangers should've had a penalty, when Morelos was tripped just on the line, Cosgrove missed an absolute sitter to make it 3-2 to Aberdeen, and despite Rangers huffing and puffing dominating possession, they couldn't find a winner.

I haven't watched the Celtic game yet, but it sounds like they were a bit below par, which is what you run the risk of when you make so many changes and play again without a recognised striker. The Celtic team tonight was definitely chosen with one eye towards the final on Sunday.... *But* what a way to win with a last gasp goal (once again) from Broony!!

You wonder how crucial those 3 points will be come the end of the season...?

Anyway, I'm off now to watch the game and will comment more later, including how I think tonight's results may influence the cup final on Sunday.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Any comments, chaps?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

i missed the whole thing.. fell sound asleep and awoke to that. it doesnt surprise me... flanagan is no left back and the central def pair have no pace. should be playing edmunson and katic for me
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I agree about the lack of pace, which could be a problem against us, with the pace we have throughout the team, so do you think Gerrard will change it for the two you say on Sunday, given that Barisic looks doubtful, or stick with the same pairing he had last night?

Just watching the second half of the Celtic game, over breakfast, as I only managed the first half last night before falling asleep (it was late).

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

he wont drop goldson; he has a blind spot there. barasic will probably be fit or Halliday will play, would be my guess.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

I was out last so only seen the goals, my son watched the game and according to him we went from dominating to pish, so I think I’ll give it a miss, hopefully the dropped points won’t come back and haunt us.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    I was out last so only seen the goals, my son watched the game and according to him we went from dominating to pish...
    That's a pretty succinct summary! But for the first 40 mins Rangers were superb and blew Aberdeen away.

I thought you were going to go on and pump them like we did (4-0 going on 14-0), but for some reason (no idea why) when Aberdeen scored, especially the equaliser, your team just panicked/fell to pieces and became rather nervous, then spent the rest of the match fruitlessly chasing a winner.

You were denied a stonewall penalty, though, but got off the hook with Cosgrove's near open-goal miss, which I think would've won it for Aberdeen. Anyway, onto Sunday now, and my thoughts/predictions on that one later!

Marco.
    Main System

Just getting ready to watch the Man City vs Man Utd game.... Hopefully, it'll be a good one!

Thoughts on tomorrow's old firm League Cup Final later.

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread